Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 30

Author Topic: Dental abscess and not finished the shopping yet!  (Read 107260 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Dental abscess and not finished the shopping yet!
« Reply #270 on: May 18, 2011, 03:14:42 PM »

Thanks!  I've taken pain relief today and now my stomach is rolling  :-\ ........ looks like I'll be back to the Srugery tomorrow  >:(

Taz2

« Reply #271 on: May 18, 2011, 04:35:08 PM »

Sorry CLKD  -  is this instead of your second implant then?

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #272 on: May 18, 2011, 06:13:37 PM »

Nope.  The implant is on the opp side.  Due to be completed in July.

This is extremely painful.  An old root canal treatment which required scraping out due to infection and a temporary crown replaced.  2 hours yesterday.  Constant pain today which is getting worse. 

Off to take another Nurofen  ::) and have e-mailed surgery for anti-biotics.

viv

« Reply #273 on: May 18, 2011, 07:39:27 PM »

Sounds painful CLKD

Hope things feel better tomorrow. Sometimes after they have been prodding around it takes a little while to settle.

Honeyb
x

CLKD

« Reply #274 on: May 19, 2011, 09:23:05 AM »

Didn't settle so Himself took me to the Surgery early this morning and we waited until the Dentist arrived.  I now have a strong pain killer to take as well as anti-biotics ....... so by tomorrow this time I will be on the floor  :o.  There has been infection in the region for a few weeks so I think the prodding etc. on Tuesday flared it up  :-\

Trey

« Reply #275 on: May 19, 2011, 11:36:37 AM »

CLKD, I so hope you will be well soon.  I think the flouride in our water saved all the teeth in US, but at what cost as many consider it poison.  Our son, the dentist, says he and others see few cavities and most go into cosmetic dentistry to survive.  I can't use flouride toothpaste any longer as I get recurring canker sores.

Taz2

« Reply #276 on: May 19, 2011, 04:02:14 PM »

Hope you feel better soon CLKD. My dentist wont touch anything that has infection in until a five day course of antibiotics has been given. I have had that scraping out of the root canal thingy but I was given antibiotics to begin immediately after it. It was painful for the first day or so. My dentist advised two nurofen as soon as possible and then to take two tablets every six hours or so (up to the maximum daily dose) for at least three days. It worked.

Taz x

Eddie

« Reply #277 on: May 19, 2011, 08:14:02 PM »

Oh poor you CKLD, that's something similar to what i'm having done, but they get to the root from the gum. Hope it's not so painful.
Eddie. x

viv

« Reply #278 on: May 19, 2011, 09:40:56 PM »

Taylor

I think I am right in thinking what you call a canker sore is what we would call an ulcer. My kids had them constantly when they were younger. I tried everything to stop this happening. I eventually discovered that some people have a sensitivity to one of the foaming ingredients in toothpaste. Its called Sodium Lauryl Sulphate [sp]. I have found quite a few toothpastes that dont contain it. Once they stopped using this all the problems went. They still however can use fluoride.

Honeyb
x

Eddie

« Reply #279 on: May 20, 2011, 09:13:36 AM »

HoneyB, The new sensodyne one doesn't contain it, it's the only one i've found that's commonly available at a decent price. Eddie. x

Trey

« Reply #280 on: May 20, 2011, 01:10:46 PM »

Hi HB, thanks.  I read about that ingredient, I think in a Colgate product and something about it maybe being not good - my memory leaves me -.  I use a natural toothpaste now that has neither that ingredient or flouride, but I notice my teeth are not as white (even though my natural paste includes sodium bicarb and papain) so now and then I use whitening strips with heavy peroxide.  Called recurring anthous ulcers - very worrisome at first as no pain and that usually means auto immune disease, but I found the paper on flouride and the ulcer left in a few days, and did not recur until I tried flouride again as a test.  Thank you for your post.

ps: our dentists here complain that almost no one has cavities and have not had in twenty years because of flouride, but there have been many movements to get it out of our water.  I don't trust all our regulations anymore when I see how drug plants are inspected (not!).

Hope you are both feeling better CLKD.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 01:42:18 PM by Taylor »

FOXY

« Reply #281 on: May 20, 2011, 02:58:23 PM »

I suffered with the most vile mouth ulcers for years & was getting them every 2 weeks. I changed the mouth wash I use to one that doesn't contain alcohol and that seems to have done the trick - hardly ever get one now :)

Trey

« Reply #282 on: May 20, 2011, 03:59:33 PM »

Foxy: have read that using a B12 tablet (the kind you are to dissolve under tongue) but using it right against the ulcer really helps.  I just let the tablet stay until it dissolves as the ulcer was between the back of jaw and cheek and it would stay.  Glad you found the culprit - my mouthwash also had flouride in it.

CLKD

« Reply #283 on: May 21, 2011, 08:53:09 AM »

Don't use VitB12 if you are taking certain anti-depressant medication!

My Dentist rang to check my situation yesterday and was prepared to see me in the afternoon or this morning if necessary. Pain is background, I took medication at 3.25 a.m. and slept soundly from 4.00 p.m. [heard the Church clock so know it was from then]. Absolutely no idea what is causing this pain in the cheek.  He is seeing me again on tuesday unless the situation deteriorates.

CLKD

« Reply #284 on: May 21, 2011, 09:07:02 PM »

I think it's trigeminal nerve neuralgia  :o and it's excruciatingly painful and I don't know how long each stab will last  :'( off to look at the UK support group web-site .....
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 30