Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 30

Author Topic: Dental abscess and not finished the shopping yet!  (Read 107275 times)

Trey

Re: Dental abscess and not finished the shopping yet!
« Reply #180 on: March 19, 2011, 12:39:19 PM »

CLKD, you are such a trooper as my British mother would say.  I sure hope you feel better and better this weekend.  Of all the parts that hurt in my body I think tooth pain is the worst.  Don't let Taz's teasing get to you about possible cow bone.

Mooooooooooooooooo

Sorry,  :meauh:

Taz2

« Reply #181 on: March 19, 2011, 12:48:18 PM »

Sorry - I'm just jealous cos I can't afford it!  :P  However, cow bone is thought to give a really good result - better than from a cadaver.

Taz x  :)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 12:50:44 PM by Taz2 »

Trey

« Reply #182 on: March 19, 2011, 12:55:30 PM »

Only kidding, of course.  I do think CLKD is brave.

Jamie

« Reply #183 on: March 19, 2011, 01:01:31 PM »

Well done CLKD, whine and whinge away all you want. Taz and Taylor are just naughty! Easy does it now, and don't shy away from the Nurofen+ and don't forget about the ABs.

Taz2

« Reply #184 on: March 19, 2011, 01:35:44 PM »

We are not being naughty - we are just being truthful and also I am being curious. I know how much CLKD researches before she goes ahead with things so I wanted to know what type of bone was used as I feel sure she would have asked. I have had a friend who had a cadaver bit of bone and another who used her own bone and the cadaver friend (if I can put it like that!) did much better than the own bone lady who had to have it re-done as her own bone reabsorbed (or something like that)

Taz x  ;D

Jamie

« Reply #185 on: March 19, 2011, 02:02:38 PM »

" ... cadaver friend ... " oh Taz, heh heh!

Taz2

« Reply #186 on: March 19, 2011, 04:43:58 PM »

Need a skeleton smiley here!

Taz x  :D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #187 on: March 19, 2011, 05:32:21 PM »

Would pain round the belly button be .............  :-\  ??? - today I'm wondering why I've undergone such a procedure - woke in the night feeling queasy am constipated, face is bruised, nothing tastes 'right' ....... have managed to slept fitfully for 2 hours on the settee then woke up cold ...... I'm trying to eat a banana with milk but can't open my gob [mouth] wide enough to get a slice in  >:( it is very stiff can't remember whether I've yawned yet since the surgery  ::) - did manage to cook 4 small sausages for lunch which tasted like  :-X

I was told that donated bone is better than live body harvest. 

CLKD

« Reply #188 on: March 19, 2011, 05:34:18 PM »

Taz, as the starter of this thread - how's your mouth now?

Taz2

« Reply #189 on: March 19, 2011, 06:26:19 PM »

Well, funny you should ask that as, for the past week it has been troubling me again so I am going to phone the dentist on Monday to get her to have another look at it.

Sorry you are feeling out of sorts - but it will all be worth it in the end. Did your consultant ever comment on the letter he sent out with all the mistakes in?

Taz x

viv

« Reply #190 on: March 19, 2011, 10:26:36 PM »

Sorry if this is a silly question, but if the bone is donated is there not a chance the body would reject it.

Sorry you are suffering CLKD it must be so painful. At least you can take nurofen. I am surprised you are constipated though. They are said to cause the exact opposite.

:whist:

Honeyb
x

CLKD

« Reply #191 on: March 20, 2011, 08:41:49 AM »

The whole side of the face is a sort of mustard colour with black and green thrown in  :madeyes: yesterday was not comfortable so had to take 2 Nurofen before I could get to sleep.  Didn't wake all night.  Now mooching around, trying to get a banana slatered in milk down me.

There may be rejection of the titanium 'pin' but that is unlikely.  The worse scenerio is that the whole area becomes infected and the Dentist starts over  >:( .....

I will discuss the letter once the work is done ........  ;)

Trey

« Reply #192 on: March 20, 2011, 02:20:50 PM »

I just want you better!

CLKD

« Reply #193 on: March 20, 2011, 03:32:51 PM »

So do I and today is a big improvement on yesterday ! though stomach is rumbling after a recent addition of anbtibiotic tablet  >:( but not as much pain round the belly button thank goodness!  Pancakes again for tea later  ;)

Trey

« Reply #194 on: March 20, 2011, 04:19:32 PM »

Gentle (very gentle) massage in a clockwise direction with medium cream or lotion with just finger tips often stimulates peristalsis.  I had partial blockage from adhesions following peritonitis and learning this from a PT saved the day.

As I say to my two Rhodesian Ridgebacks: Heel! (whoops, Heal!)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 30