Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: Good & bad points about giving up smoking.  (Read 102052 times)

lubylou

Re: Good & bad points about giving up smoking.
« Reply #150 on: January 29, 2014, 07:45:01 PM »

Way to go Greyhoundgal!

I am still not smoking I still have cravings but so far have resisted them!

To everyone who is stopping keep going and hang in there!
Lubylou

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #151 on: January 30, 2014, 01:15:52 PM »

Are you still on the patches Lubylou?  Mine are working well as I haven't had any real cravings as such, just once in a while I fancy one but reach for chewing gum or mints instead.  I'm surprising myself really, I thought it was going to be a lot tougher ::)

lubylou

« Reply #152 on: January 31, 2014, 12:54:53 PM »

Hi Grayhoundgirl,

I am on the middle strength patches at the mo. I back up them with an e cig but I am careful not to use it too often in case i get nicotine overload!

Keep going! I spoke to someone recently who stopped two years ago, she no longer has cravings just a vague passing thought in certain social settings (like the pub of after a meal out), that it would be nice to have a ciggie.

Still a long way to go but as everyday passes without a cigarette it will be getting easier and nearer the goal of being able to say "oh I stopped over a year ago"! :)
Lubylou

Cazikins

« Reply #153 on: February 02, 2014, 11:35:49 AM »

Well done girls - I'm so pleased for you. Keep up the good work I shall be keeping an eye on you both.   ;) ;)

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #154 on: February 03, 2014, 01:31:04 PM »

This is only my first week (exactly a week since my last cigarette) so I'm still on the full-strength patches.  Had a friend over for the weekend who smokes and I didn't even feel tempted - did have a few puffs on my inhalator but no real thought of having a ciggie - feeling quietly proud of myself and off for my check-up with the nurse tomorrow.

lubylou

« Reply #155 on: February 11, 2014, 04:25:55 PM »

Hi
I am now off the patches and still not had a cigarette and hoping to make it stay that way. I still have slight cravings after my evening meal. Keep going everyone. I haven't calculated how much money I haved saved not buying packets, but that wasn't the reason I decided to stop.

All the very best
Lubylou

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #156 on: February 12, 2014, 01:30:28 PM »

Well done LubyLou - keep up the good work.  I'm now into my third week, still on full-strength patches but only on the 2nd of my inhalator cartridges (am allowed 4 per day so 2 over three weeks is great).  Did you have to blow into the puffer?  I did and mine was measured at 4 last week and went down to 2 this Monday :)  It measures the amount of carbon monoxide I think she said and 2 is the same as a non-smoker so dead chuffed about that.

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #157 on: February 18, 2014, 01:17:02 PM »

4th week and still going :)  I have put on around half a stone though so need to get that sorted before it escalates any further......

lubylou

« Reply #158 on: February 18, 2014, 08:35:45 PM »

Greyhoundgal,

Deal with the weight later, stay focused on not smoking ;)

You are doing GREAT!

I am still a smoke free zone and feeling much better for it.

Lubylou

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #159 on: February 19, 2014, 01:37:43 PM »

Thanks LubyLou - yes, would rather be a fat non-smoker :)  I'm back to my normal exercise regime now though so hopefully that will start to shift it.  I surprised myself at the weekend, was out and chatting to smokers, I was offered one and automatically said "no thanks, I don't smoke" :)  It was a good feeling :) :)

lubylou

« Reply #160 on: February 20, 2014, 07:50:34 PM »

Greyhoundgirl,

Well done you!

By the way I missed your question about blowing into a puffer, I have never been asked to do this. I just told my GP I had stopped smoking at an appointment about other things.  I would have though that by now the Co2 levels would be non smoker levels by now.

I am having a struggle with high anxiety (for some reason) and that has made me want the comfort of a cigarette but I have resisted. I have come this far I don't want to go back to being a smoker.

I wish you all the very best in your journey to be a non smoker!
LL

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #161 on: February 24, 2014, 01:25:31 PM »

LubyLou, I missed blowing into the puffer on my first visit but have done so each visit since.  It does measure the carbon monoxide levels apparently and 1-2 is the usual reading for a non-smoker - I got 1 on Friday :)  Why don't you go to the chemist and get one of the inhalators - there are various brands and they do prescribe them on the NHS so should be safer than an e-cigarette - that way you could keep one nearby for moments of stress perhaps?  I use mine a bit but still only on the 3rd cartridge.  Managed to lose a couple of pounds last week so not too worries about the weight now....

lubylou

« Reply #162 on: February 24, 2014, 05:19:34 PM »

Hi greyhound girl
Do you mean the white plastic holders that you put a capsule in? They come in a box with strips of capsules?
Ta Lubylou

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #163 on: February 25, 2014, 02:36:50 PM »

Yes, that's the ones - mine is from Nicorette but I think you can get others as well.  They seem to last ages as well - my nurse gave me a big box with my first prescription and said I could use up to 4 of the capsules per day, I'm only on my 3rd so far and this is my 5th week.

lubylou

« Reply #164 on: February 26, 2014, 12:42:13 PM »

HI Greyhoundgirl,

I know the ones you mean, you are doing really well if you are only having to use 3 in five weeks. Keep it up. :)

I am still not smoking, still crave a cig when I feel stressed about something :(
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13