Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Mammogram advice  (Read 140 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Mammogram advice
« Reply #15 on: Today at 12:57:21 PM »

C the Nurse Practitioner in good time to get appropriate anti-anxiety meds., I've also found 'bachs' rescue remedy mouth spray helpful.

SaraC2773

« Reply #16 on: Today at 03:04:22 PM »

Ah thank you all,

It is reassuring to know it's not just me that worries about this.

In terms of private, the one I've been looking at is with Spire and the 2 consultants are based at the local hospital so NHS as well.  So I  would hope that they wouldn't just use it as an option for further tests but I do take the point.

Home cervical screening I just couldn't,  I'm sure I'd end up doing myself a nasty injury.

Thanks for the advice I will take a list of questions to the GP and keep you all posted.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: Today at 03:14:16 PM »

U shouldn't have to pay for this, you will still need to wait for an appt..

I find that I go to these appts better alone, some would like another person with them.  Also ringing the Dept B4 you go to explain how anxious you are all 4warn the Staff.  U R not alone!

No way would I even consider doing my own smear tests  :o.  That's cost cutting a step too far for me !

Elliebee

« Reply #18 on: Today at 04:16:26 PM »

It was Spire who I used and feel I was given unnecessary tests and scans .

CLKD the home smear test involves an internal swab to check for the HPV virus. If this is positive you then have the full cervical smear. I believe they only now look for cell changes if you are positive for HPV.
Pages: 1 [2]