Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Help!  (Read 230 times)

shakilla

Help!
« on: July 23, 2024, 08:06:47 AM »

Really hoping someone can help. So I've been on 75 patch and 1 utrageston every day continuous as I get migraines all was going well. And then these last 2 weeks have been horrible. I feel really anxious and am not sleeping at all. The past few days I've only managed 4 hours broken sleep a night. Also I had a period 2.5 weeks ago and on Sunday started on my period again. And am still on it now. Normally I just have a day of very light but it just won't stop.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Help!
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2024, 09:15:30 AM »

Hormones  >:( - had you been period free for a while?

If there is a hormonal dip/rise then we can feel all kinds of symptoms! Hopefully some1 will be along with advice about your regime.

shakilla

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2024, 09:30:22 AM »

I always have a monthly period but very light and lasts a day this is my second period this month and its been 3 days so far.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2024, 09:36:56 AM »

Mine waxed and waned for several years, missing some months, regularly and lighter in other months.

GraceM

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2024, 02:32:03 PM »

The fact you are bleeding more than usual may suggest that your utrogestan dose may be too low for a 75mg patch.  Latest guidelines from BMS say you can increase to 200mg per day when taking upwards of 50mg patch. 

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2024, 03:12:43 PM »

Not all at once though GraceM ?  :-\

bombsh3ll

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2024, 03:55:02 PM »

Increasing the progesterone is usually a good strategy for problem bleeding.

BMS guidelines recommend ; the use of 200 mg as a continuous preparation and 300 mg as a sequential preparation should be offered if using high dose estrogen(24, 39-42) or, if unscheduled bleeding occurs with low to moderate dose estrogen.

As you are having unscheduled bleeding on 75mcg which they consider moderate, I would try the 200mg a night dose.

This does not require investigation as postmenopausal bleeding as you are still menstruating.

shakilla

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2024, 05:37:34 PM »

Thanks so much all. Will try increasing the utrageston.  Just wondering though if my gp will prescribe it at an increased dose or whether he'll insist that the lower dose of utragestan is fine

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2024, 06:20:31 PM »

Give it a try and let your GP know how you feel ?

joziel

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2024, 06:35:25 PM »

If you're getting trouble sleeping and also anxiety, it would also suggest your estrogen is too low (even if your progesterone is lower).

You probably should increase your estrogen to 100 and also the utrogestan to 200.