Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Skin care regimes  (Read 120 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Skin care regimes
« on: July 18, 2024, 04:41:35 PM »

I use warm water on a flannel on my face and very rarely soap.  When out and about I put sun screen protection on every bit that will be exposed which is washed off in the bath/shower each evening.  For any parts that require moisturising I apply 'vaseline' hand cream in the yellow bottle or 'nivea'.  As a teen I used 'clearasil' on the greasier places on my face.

I remember my Paternal Gran using 'ponds' cream on her face - her skin: as was my other Gran's: was always clean and soft.  Any wrinkles were gentle .  The latter Gran collected rain water from the roof, through a stocking into a wooden barrel for hair washing. 

Reading an article in The Daily Telegraph, Wed 17th July 2024, interestingly it is suggested that mainly women are using too many products with similar ingredients which have the potential to strip the face in particular of the top layer of skin = dryness and soreness.  It's all a bit clinical 4 me  ::).  "The first step is zero therapy, don't put anything on at all".

I am unable to 'do' links, mayB someone could have a lookC to post the article in full?  I've long been of the opinion that warm water is enough ;-)