Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Bleeds stopping on cyclical HRT  (Read 83 times)

Witchinghour

Bleeds stopping on cyclical HRT
« on: July 18, 2024, 04:19:11 PM »

Hi all,

I've been on HRT since November 23, titrating from 25mcg Estrogen up to 100mcg Estrogen and 200mcg Utrogestan 2 every  weeks out of 4.

I've noticed that my bleeds have really trailed off lately. This month being nothing more than a day of spotting. (Negative pregnancy test!)

If cyclical HRT is replicating a 'normal' cycle how come my bleeds stopped?

bombsh3ll

Re: Bleeds stopping on cyclical HRT
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2024, 05:28:01 PM »

This is common, not a cause for concern at all, and an indicator that you could probably move to continuous with little or no further bleeding.

Those doses are enough to induce withdrawal bleeding in some postmenopausal women but not all, and if your own cycle has stopped it may not be enough on its own to stimulate withdrawal bleeds.

This is absolutely fine and there is no medical reason why anyone has to spend every 4th week bleeding.

K45

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2024, 08:19:59 PM »

I have experienced the same last month and apparently as long as you are taking the 2 weeks of utrogestan it isn't a problem. Took a test too as I was rather thrown by missing the bleed!

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2024, 09:24:25 PM »

I have had the same. Normal bleed when my own cycle is working, v short and light (or absent) when it's a hrt induced one.