Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: OCD returning perimenopause  (Read 402 times)

Helen57

• First Flush
OCD returning perimenopause
« on: July 15, 2024, 03:08:42 PM »

Hi all. I'm brand new here and looking for people to talk to. I feel so alone. I'm 42 and haven't been told I'm perimenopausal, but I seem to have a lot of the symptoms. My mom and my sister were 42 and 44 when they went in to post menopause.
 My anxiety and OCD with intrusive thoughts has shot through the roof since April this year, after 10 years of being pretty manageable. Health anxiety is also so hard...feel like I'm dying of every imaginable disease. Can anyone relate? I really feel like there is no hope of ever getting well again. Thanks in advance

JS79

Re: OCD returning perimenopause
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2024, 03:16:10 PM »

Hi Helen, unfortunately yes I can relate. Again not officially been told I'm peri but all the symptoms seem to match up and they have ruled out loads through scans and bloods.
I had never had health anxiety but I do know and some days it consumes my whole day. I google lots but only thing that helps is goggling is this a symptom of perimenopause and so far it allows has been. Hopefully you have a good GP who understands.

Helen57

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2024, 05:23:45 PM »

Thanks for the reply  :) I've been doing the same with googling!! It helps but then my mind says 'but what if its not that and its (insert horrible disease)'. It really is so tiring. I've had a full blood work 2 months ago and all came back normal. Glad yours did too! Hope things get better soon.. for all us ladies. Xx

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2024, 05:40:16 PM »

Have your periods changed at all? Meno ahe has a strong genetic link so it's likely you're heading that way. And some people do get symptoms before their periods change. If you don't already keep a diary it might be an idea to do so.

JS79

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2024, 06:22:20 PM »

That's why I never thought about perimenopause because my periods were still bang on time, although when I kept a symptom diary I then noticed that my symptoms got worse just before my period started and also that my period was lighter and shorter.
The symptoms are bad enough without our minds making them worse 😪 I keep thinking that this can't be the new me, I don't want these constant aches and pains to be my norm.

Helen57

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2024, 06:29:51 PM »

Hi 👋,  my periods have changed, they have been getting a few days earlier each month for quite a while, but I didn't take much notice. Now the last 3 months they have been very light and only lasting a day, then stopping, them the next day a bit of spotting then nothing. I have started to keep notes on it all now. I did notice a couple of years ago I was getting this intense rage about everything and really wanting to scream at my children, but that settled down quite a bit. I'm wondering now if I've been perimenopausal for longer than i originally thought. It's tough to try and figure out  :-\
JS79 I think my symptoms do get worse around my period, especially the mental ones. My aches and pains are daily though...I'm feeling so old! We WILL get our lives back somehow lol

Binny22

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2024, 03:43:11 AM »

Hi there
I am also new here .. need someone to talk to  and i am glad i joined this group. iam also sailing in the same boat , anxiety levels reach peak and thinking the worst. Iam turning 42 this October.  My periods have changed, now it's 7 days instead of 5. Last year I missed one period ... last month period was 9 days late and the bleeding was light then by 7th it nearly stopped and started again light bleeding and stopped after 14 days total. Today I went for my smear test although my hpv screening was done this March and blood works as well. All were normal. But Gp asked me to get a smear done as well. Now I have to wait which I feel the worst thing as my mind goes crazy thinking all the negative. But iam trying to think positive as no hpv was detected in March so smear test would be fine, the nurse also said the same.
When I read topic of perimenopause then it feels okay.. but Google has all the same symptoms for all the scary diseases.. 😨 😬

Helen57

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2024, 09:40:38 AM »

Binny22 it's a vicious circle isn't it?! Google helps for a little bit, then the mind takes over again. I really think the mental side of all this really is the worst. I hate waiting for test results, it feels like the longest Time, I'm sure it's fine though, just as the nurse told you. Anything that feels and looks different with our bodies is always going to be scary even when we know the perimenopause and menopause causes these changes in pretty much every way. I'm trying to stay positive but it's a difficult time. I'm having chest pains pretty much constantly, which is down to excess wind I think, because my stomach has been a mess for months, but I'm still panicking  ::) I have the doctors again on Thursday, as the last doctor didn't listen to me, so hopefully will get some help. Hope it gets easier for all of us  :).

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2024, 09:43:58 AM »

Morning Girls!   When my OCD habits creep in: hand washing too often: I make a list of when I should and when I do put them under the tap.  If it isn't 'time' I walk away, ticking off each time.  It has helped over the years.

Intrusive thoughts can take over.  At 'our age' we are often juggling work/teens/elderly; pets/holiday plans etc..  Be kind to yourselves. It's The Change.  Perimenopause are those years leading up to the last bleed = menopause.  In those years we can be affected by all kinds of unexpected symptoms  >:(

Browse round. Make notes.  Ask away.

Binny22

• First Flush
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2024, 03:17:14 AM »

It is Peri im sure. :) we will get through this.. I have written some positive manifestations for myself and I read it daily before sleeping and when I get up in the morning. It is helping me  :) if mind is happy then in return the body is.

You also try... I talked to my mother as well and she advised to look for the brighter side🌝 it was a good therapy as well...
I have also joined wellness yoga session just today. Let's look forward towards the bright side.
Don't worry you will be good 😊❤️

Binny22

• First Flush
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2024, 03:40:16 AM »

This excess wind problem is also happening with me.. don't worry.. need to look for change in diet .. I am just going for a walk after this post 🙂