Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Eye problems  (Read 312 times)

Milk Thistle

• First Flush
Eye problems
« on: July 10, 2024, 06:02:52 PM »

Hi. Im now 50 and trundling through menopause with all the usual issues, but Iv noticed alot of migrainy type headaches, about 15 days a month. Also my eye are dry and scratchy, with bloodshot bits and endless tears. Anyone else suffering this please?

jaypo

Re: Eye problems
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2024, 06:15:01 PM »

Hi,yes, I get the eyes, I just always use optrex for soothing or viscotears for dry eye. Meno can heighten allergies also,so maybe because there's been a fairly high pollen count lately could have something to do with it. Do consult a Dr though if it continues  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2024, 06:38:06 PM »

Hi do get the headaches sorted.  Migraines may increase in peri-menopause.

As oestrogen levels drop the body may become dry: inside and out; deep in the ears,  eyes, nostrils, skin, vagina ......

I've been using eye drops on the advice of my optometrist but the lids are so gritty by the early hours  >:(.

Milk Thistle

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2024, 06:34:43 AM »

Thank you both for your replies. I would love to go to the doctors but there is a 3 week waiting list even to see a nurse, but thats a whole other forum. I am going to get eye drops and see how I go. Just glad im not the only one xx

jaypo

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2024, 07:17:35 AM »

Have an optician take a look,least they can make sure all ok.
I have the gritty feeling in the evenings and like a stinging feeling but the drops do help  :)

Helenmelon1974

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2024, 08:10:28 AM »

I’ve been suffering with dry eyes for a while the optition recommended these

https://amzn.eu/d/00XDJ1kH

They have been fantastic! X

Suziemc

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2024, 09:12:46 AM »

Go and get an eye health check (different to a vision check) from an optician, they will be able to advise on the dry eye symptoms.  I had dry, gritty eyes that occasionally felt bruised/poked a couple of years ago, I was amazed when my optician told me I was severely dehydrated! I didn't need eye drops, I needed to drink more water  :o

My health authority does free eye health checks, not sure if this is countrywide protocol or if it varies but your optician will obviously be able to advise.