Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: I'm So Confused  (Read 197 times)

Toomuchstress

I'm So Confused
« on: July 07, 2024, 10:18:11 PM »

Hi All

I'm 46 well ill be 47 at the end of the month , really want a child of my own but it's never happened when I asked for help they did scans etc years ago and I was told "can't find anything wrong , just relax blah blah" ,

Then I found out I had bowel cancer and had to have a quarter of my bowel removed on 28th of February, no chemotherapy they removed 16 lymph nodes and tested them and said I'm cancer free

I haven't had a period for 60 days , I had 2 in April , I bought ovulation tests and I did one , one morning and it said "ovulating (the big smiley face came on the screen) so we tried , then did a pregnancy test and it was negative 2 weeks later (I only did the pregnancy tests because I hadn't had a period , but I then thought "face facts it's menopause and went to the doctors so start HRT , I've been taking utrogeston 200mg nightly for 8 nights so far along with lanzetto spray (one spray) , and I'm still hot all the time
And feel low and no energy , sex drive etc,
Does anyone have any info on whether they think I should be taking HRT for perimenopause , or are you supposed to be on that until you pass the 1 year of no periods to change medication ?

Thanks any info would help

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: I'm So Confused
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2024, 07:49:21 AM »

Morning.  Will U have regular follow ups regarding the bowel cancer surgery?

Many years ago less was known about infertility than has been found out in recent years. 

As peri-menopause begins periods may wax and wane.  Months without, then back again ....... How R U getting on generally with the HRT regime and how long have you been using it?

:welcomemm:

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2024, 08:24:52 AM »

I'm sorry you've had a rough time. take hrt when you have meno symptoms and for most people that starts when your periods become erratic. How long have you been on the spray for? If you still have flushes you're still oestrogen deficient but it might be that it hasn't had enough time to work. Do you have other symptoms?

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2024, 10:37:47 AM »

Hi Toomuchstress

So sorry to hear about your cancer but glad you are cancer free. Also sorry to hear about your lack of pregnancy when you are wanting this. However there are sometimes very late babies even at your age - the ovaries have a last fling (pre- menopausal babies are a phenomenon) so if you are definitely ovulating then worth a try and continuing, though probably only a small chance of becoming pregnant - wouldn't want to build your hopes up. Your cycle should continue in the background even when taking HRT though I don't know how dose and type affect this. Very high oestrogen doses (and progestogen) suppress the cycle. There was a woman on here some years ago taking Femoston (1 mg) and became pregnant while taking it.

Just to confirm that yes you should be taking HRT for peri-menopause as you have only missed 2 periods which would be Utrogestan for 2 days out of 28 day cycle or days 15-26 where day 1 is first day of your bleed. If you don't want to wait for a bleed then just start the cycle arbitrarily and maybe tweak it later, so in your case, continue taking the 200 mg utrogestan until you've taken it for 12 days and then stop (Utro but continue oestrogen) for 16 days and then start again. Sometime during this time you should get a bleed. 

As sheila99 says you may need to increase oestrogen but 8 days is too soon for hot flushes to stop.

Hurdity x