Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Please help, massive relationship anxiety  (Read 736 times)

getting_old

Re: Please help, massive relationship anxiety
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2024, 08:12:52 PM »

Hi!  A lot of this may relate to previous friendships, a lack of trust perhaps. 

I worried more about DH having a fatality on the road,  now that we have mobiles he phones home when out and about.  How much communication do you have when your O/H is away with his pals?   Perhaps ask how much he worries about you ...... anything to open up the conversation without appearing clingy?

How do you feel overall, about Life, hobbies, the weather etc.?

I was thinking the same thing, especially if your previous partner(s) couldn't be trusted. If that's the case then maybe explain to your OH so he understands why you are feeling the way you are.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2024, 09:01:58 PM »

I am so lucky to have found the man I'm still with, we were in School together.  It must be more difficult when meets others, male or female, in the work place, on holiday, in a town where people didn't grow up .... so there's no known history.

Also many men simply don't tell how they feel  >:(  ::)

Jules

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2024, 09:29:57 PM »

I don't know your past experience, I would be suspicious if I was with somebody again because of mine, but generally men are as trustworthy as women and don't forget many have also had bad experiences. I know plenty of women with no scruples. I also know plenty of people on second relationships or marriages later in life who are very happy.  You've got to allow your partner some freedom in life and trust them. What will be will be.

PearlJ

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2024, 10:14:51 AM »

I’m having similar relationship anxiety and over thinking issues.  Catastrophising (is that a word?) was really bad before I went on HRT. I’ve sent you a PM.

Penguin

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2024, 10:25:26 AM »

I’m having similar relationship anxiety and over thinking issues.  Catastrophising (is that a word?) was really bad before I went on HRT. I’ve sent you a PM.

Yes catastrophising is a word and is defo part of health anxiety, jumping to worst case scenarios just because they are possible, despite them being unlikely!
Pages: 1 [2]