Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Feel ill a lot!  (Read 1846 times)

Jules

Re: Feel ill a lot!
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2024, 03:44:46 PM »

Taking antibiotics without completing the course is also contributing to immunity to them. If they're making you ill that's a different thing. Sounds like the sooner you've been checked by the right person the better you'll feel. You'll be able to ask questions and get reassurance.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2024, 04:10:04 PM »

A urine sample may show leukocytes but is unlikely to be caused by vaginal atrophy which is due to a drop in oestrogen levels.  The body may become dry: inside and out: nostrils, deep in the ears, vagina, skin; between the toes, scalp .......

How have you been today?

As an aside: I get so ill on ABs I don't know why I ever accept the prescription  ::).  10 years ago when they affected me badly but I required them to cover me for deep dental work, I was advised to take 4-5 days then alternate days.  For 3 months  :o.  Along with LIVE yoghurt each evening.

Also: whilst GPs continue to prescribe ABs for VA over-use will continue.  The World Health have been advising for 10 years that the 1st world are heading towards a disaster by not taking care but our GPs have been quoted as saying that 'patients demand them'.  Who exactly is in charge here?  A GP should not be prescribing for the common cold for example.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2024, 04:11:45 PM by CLKD »

Mummytron

« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2024, 04:25:08 PM »

I felt terrible this morning but managed this afternoon, didn't do anything though. I'm pretty sure its the antibiotics making me poorly.

Jules

« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2024, 05:05:57 PM »

I felt terrible this morning but managed this afternoon, didn't do anything though. I'm pretty sure its the antibiotics making me poorly.
I take those. They're prescribed as an profalactic AB after sex. I've been fine but we all react differently.  If you have an infection that will make you feel unwell

Ayesha

« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2024, 09:42:16 AM »

Would VA show leukocytes in my urine? I gave no symptoms of an infection.

In my case yes, when I first went to the doctors with what I now know was the beginning of GSM (VA) it took possibly a year before finally being diagnosed. I bought dipsticks to check my urine and it always showed up leukocytes but to be honest I hadn't a clue then what it all meant, I've educated myself since on all things GSM (VA). 

Jules

« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2024, 10:09:37 AM »

I was the same Ayesha.  Kept asking my nurse friend to check. Thing is with me, it was nearly always triggered by sex. And I did actually have a series of UTIs. They were awful too. Fired up quickly and I've had one hospitalisation in the States due to the GP not diagnosing and a negative dipstick. And another time when my sin phoned the doctor because they were making me wait for a lab result. I was curled up on the floor. I was then prescribed the profalactic ABs and given an energency pack of ABs. It wasn't until I saw a uro-gyny man that any link was mentioned to lack of estrogen.

Ayesha

« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2024, 10:56:00 AM »

GSM(VA) is the cause of so many nasty symptoms which is put down to simply being a bladder infection when the simple answer is the need for oestrogen.
When you think that oestrogen receptors are present in the vagina, urethra, bladder trigone and pelvic floor, all these areas can be affected by a lack of oestrogen, hence the minefield that this condition can be and getting it diagnosed.

I remember the three doses of antibiotics I was prescribed did relieve symptoms for a week but soon the burning and other horrid symptoms came back once they were out of my system. Since using topical oestrogen I have never had a 'bladder infection' since. GSM(VA) is a nasty and cruel condition and the fact so many women are put through hoops and delays in getting treatment and even some having to fight for it is beyond my comprehension.   

Mummytron

« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2024, 11:57:11 AM »

Thank you for posting.
I'm going to ask about this route and I'm not convinced it was a urine infection and the antibiotics have made me feel rotten.
I'm very much into perimenopause and I think nearer menopause than the start of perimenopause.
The whole process is just making me feel so bad, I just can't settle.
If I had topical estrogen, would I still need progesterone?

CLKD

« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2024, 12:03:33 PM »

Nope.  Vaginal atrophy treatment is inserted into the vagina: 4 me initially very gently increasing the depth as symptoms eased.  Every night if necessary.

It is localised and different to other forms of HRT.  Progesterone is to protect ladies with a womb to keep the lining thin.

How R your periods behaving?  Eating little and often can help too. 
« Last Edit: July 14, 2024, 06:26:07 PM by CLKD »

Mummytron

« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2024, 12:14:14 PM »

My periods are few and far between now. 3 month gaps, never really know when they are coming.
Eating little and often is helpful as I find its like a sugar drop when I get the woozy feeling. They've checked bloods for that.
Thing is, I'm quite realistic and when I know whats wrong I can understand it. But my GP has sent me down a rabbit hole of thinking things could be very serious. I dont know myself anymore.

Ayesha

« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2024, 12:24:23 PM »

Thank you for posting.
If I had topical estrogen, would I still need progesterone?
No you won't!

The link below will help give you peace of mind going forward and all the information you will need if you do indeed have GSM (VA)

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,69936.msg949995.html#msg949995

Jules

« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2024, 01:29:13 PM »

Mine were definitely UTIs but I was getting them because of atrophy which was making me more at risk of infection during sex. I have had odd bouts of a sensation of UTI that was VA but it was different to the UTIs which were vicious.

Mummytron

« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2024, 02:28:12 PM »

Another question,
I tried hrt last year and i loved the estrogen but the progesterone made me feel rough. We talked about me trying again and this time taking the progesterone vaginally. Would I still do this and estrogen topically? I want to make sure I have all advice before I go back.

TM73!

« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2024, 05:57:19 PM »

I get exactly where you are coming from. I have terrible health anxiety and have had an awful few weeks after a virus in June - I haven’t felt right since. My IBS is also bad at the moment and I’m diagnosing myself with all sorts - it’s no way to live.
I take oestrogel and Utrogestan (vaginally) it hasn’t done anything for my anxiety but is great for stopping hot flushes and achy joints.
I’d just like to wake up and feel fit and well for once . I’m 51 and want the bloody menopause over with .

CLKD

« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2024, 06:28:13 PM »

STOP looking at GOOGLE ;-)

Viruses can cause the body to feel ill for ages as the immune system fights the 'bug'.  Be Kind to Yourselves!  SARS/cold/flu can last for a while once the runny nose/cough has gone.  4 me Summer colds are worse than those I might get in Winter  ::)

Mummytron - many feel bad on progesterone - hopefully some1 who uses vaginally will be along.  VA treatment can go in after breakfast.

Keeping hydrated and eating slow release foods little and often help me: bananas, a good muesli, beans on toast, fruits and nuts.  Cold/warm custard with fresh fruits. 
« Last Edit: July 14, 2024, 06:35:12 PM by CLKD »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5