Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Newbie!  (Read 393 times)

Saz76

• First Flush
Newbie!
« on: June 28, 2024, 08:07:24 AM »

Hi
Not quite sure how to introduce myself but here goes...
I've just been diagnosed as post menopausal at the age of 48. I've been given Everol Conti patches and I'm on day 3 😊

My question is, how do you keep these patches on? I've put mine at the top of my thigh and discovered last night it's nearly off! I've taped it down with a plaster 🙈 Do they usually come off as quickly and easily as I'm not sure how it'll stay on for 4 days at this rate.

Any help is appreciated, thank you

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Newbie!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2024, 10:45:25 AM »

Yep.  The idea is to have the skin completely dry.   Also some find that putting tape across can keep them stuck.

Browse round.   :welcomemm:

Minusminnie

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2024, 03:04:30 PM »

6cm x 7cm Tegaderm Film dressings can be used to hold a patch on. Available on Amazon.

Sugarant

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2024, 04:07:52 PM »

Hi Saz!

I had this problem with Evorel patches because they're quite big so the edges caught against my clothes all the time. I ended up having to put them on my abdomen. Anywhere else, especially the legs/bum, they peeled off as you described. It might be because there's less movement of the area during the day, or maybe it's just a bit smoother than the rest of me!

As already suggested, a lot of people use micropore tape or the clear plasters to hold down the edges. Might be worth trying that.

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2024, 05:31:16 PM »

If you tape it down it needs to be done when you first put it on. Once it's lifted you won't get any hormones from it.