Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Advise please wise women- Utrogestan/ mirena crash/ anxiety/fatigue  (Read 288 times)

kittydaydream

Hi ladies!! Advice please if you spare a minute? Had mirena out almost 3 months ago and took Utrogestan every day for 2.5 months. I started to get anxiety and bad fatigue about a month ago which keeps getting worse! Plus some bad night sweats! Advised here to try utro vaginally which I tried for 5 days with no improvement so I’m on day 4 without it and I still don’t feel any better!
Is it still possible to get mirena crash while you are taking Utrogestan?
Any advice will be a godsend!

bombsh3ll

Re: Advise please wise women- Utrogestan/ mirena crash/ anxiety/fatigue
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2024, 02:14:28 PM »

It sounds like you perhaps don't tolerate the micronised progesterone very well.

If these symptoms have a clear temporal relationship with switching from mirena to progesterone and aren't settling, then it may be worth considering going back to mirena or considering an alternative progestogen.

Night sweats suggest estrogen dose is inadequate. Raising estrogen dose can sometimes, not always make the progesterone more tolerable, so may be something you can try before deciding if you need another IUS.

kittydaydream

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2024, 06:25:51 PM »

Thank you, excuse my ignorance but what does temporal relationship mean? 🙏

bombsh3ll

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2024, 07:48:14 PM »

Sorry, it means if it started at the same time, or that the timing is plausible.

For example if the symptoms bothering you had been going on whilst you had the mirena, before you ever took micronised progesterone, they cannot be attributed to switching from mirena to micronised progesterone.

If on the other hand you felt well, then switched from mirena to micronised progesterone and the problems started then or within a short time of the change, this is likely to be the culprit.

kittydaydream

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2024, 08:00:41 PM »

Ok gotcha thanks 🙏