Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Estradot bad adhesive?  (Read 284 times)

Obobal

Estradot bad adhesive?
« on: June 24, 2024, 06:44:50 PM »

For the past three or four weeks I’ve struggled to keep my estradot patches attached enough. It’s been both 75s and 50s and I’ve never had this problem with them before. Used them for over 18months as evorel came away too easily.

I wear on my outer upper arm/shoulder  so it’s not a sweaty area.

Is this a heat thing (was warmer last year and no issues)? could I have become more slimey? Is there a known issue I can’t find with the estradot adhesive?

ETA - tried gel for a while but it never worked at all. Been advised against oral estrogen by gynae for legit reasons.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2024, 06:47:11 PM by Obobal »

JoannFran

Re: Estradot bad adhesive?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2024, 02:56:44 PM »

Hi.  I have problems with patches sticking too because I work out everyday and get very sweaty.  I now use tegaderm waterproof dressing over the top of them which keeps them in place. I get it from amazon and it's a big roll that you cut to size.  It's not pretty tho but I put the patch on my hip/bum area so can't be seen.  Did I read somewhere that there is a recent issue with the estradot adhesive?  xx

joziel

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2024, 03:12:27 PM »

Look up Dr_Naomi Potter on Instagram's recent post. The company has just been bought by another and there are many reports of adhesives not working and a return of symptoms....

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2024, 06:03:01 PM »

Look up Dr_Naomi Potter on Instagram's recent post. The company has just been bought by another and there are many reports of adhesives not working and a return of symptoms....
Can you tell me how I see it? I can find her on instagram but don't have an option for posts. Do I have to follow her?

joziel

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2024, 06:29:58 PM »

I can't give links here I think. They get deleted... forum rules.

But if you go to google and type in 'dr naomi potter estradot instagram', the post should be the second one which comes up - title Estradot.

jadenatalie123

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2024, 03:19:31 PM »

Unfortunately there’s known issues with the new estradot now. Especially the ‘Sandoz’ ones. If you check your boxes and see what supplier you’ve got? Sandoz is the new supplier and unfortunately lots of women are having terrible issues with them
(Myself included!) x