Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Newbie and psychosis  (Read 1114 times)

Minusminnie

Re: Newbie and psychosis
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2024, 08:21:45 AM »

Just my own experience as support for a family member, who is at times an inpatient, someone can be so ill that often medication is not being accepted.
I have now started reading up on current thinking on ECT on Mind and Rethink websites as this thread has flagged it up so thank you Joziel and CLKD.

joziel

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2024, 10:04:11 AM »

You're welcome. It's all very difficult and there is a lot of suffering.

Yes, when you're sectioned, if you refuse oral meds you made well be administered them anyway via holds and IM shots.

It is very hard to watch psychiatrists prescribing hardcore meds and ECT treatment and turning a blind eye to HRT use. Especially with women between 45-55yo with extreme depression or anxiety who appear to have just given up. Right back to 'hysteria' and Freud, women have been poorly treated when it comes to mental health. This is said over and over and yet, on the ground level where people use services, nothing seems to change.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2024, 07:53:16 AM »

It's sad that patients aren't listened to especially in the mental health section of illnesses.  Seems not a lot has changed  :'(.  The night that I wanted to be admitted for my own safety and so that people with knowledge could tell me whether what I was feeling was 'usual'/not - the Nurse at the private hospital told me to take more 'valium'.  It worked but had I been living alone it might have been a different outcome.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2024, 07:53:30 AM »

How R U Sparkle?

Willow79

• First Flush
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2024, 03:39:53 PM »

Before I started hrt everol conti patches to start, I had reached the point where I was suicidal. I have a history of manic depression and assumed I was heading to a breakdown. My friends advised me to go to Dr. He was very kind and clued up. After 2 days of being on patches I felt far better. After approximately 6 months I felt as if it wasn't working. Symptoms coming back. I revisited Dr who prescribed oestrogel 2 pumps. This has been fine. Don't take no for an answer and seek help sooner rather than later. X

Loulou do you take the gel with the patches?

Dandelion

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2024, 10:39:42 PM »

I remember, as an undiagnosed autistic little girl, having an aversion towards some women over a certain age as they were "naggy" or "stern" etc.
I now wonder if I was sensing menopause moods in them, without knowing what menopause was.

Dandelion

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2024, 10:43:56 PM »

I remember, as an undiagnosed autistic little girl, having an aversion towards some women over a certain age as they were "naggy" or "stern" etc.
I now wonder if I was sensing menopause moods in them, without knowing what menopause was.
Pages: 1 [2]