Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Extreme bleeding  (Read 914 times)

bubblebabe

• First Flush
Re: Extreme bleeding
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2024, 07:04:10 PM »

I was increased to 100 from 75 when my symptoms returned by gp.

I have recently had a scan and bloods and my eostrogen is in the middle so I’m absorbing properly and the scan shows 2 small fibroids . 

This bleeding is nothing I have experienced before tho and the doc is saying my only options are norethistone or the coil I don’t want either !!!   Should I persevere on 100 evorel and 200 utro continuous .
Lost a lot of blood today and yesterday which I can’t imagine I can sustain !?!

My lining is 3mm this was just done 3 weeks ago

I take utrogestan vaginally 200 each night   

Ebonybones

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2024, 07:59:32 PM »

Your estrogen dose is not necessarily too high - the correct dose for you is the one that relieves your symptoms, however oral micronised progesterone isn't always strong enough to keep the lining in check and some women do need either higher doses or to take it vaginally, or alternatively a stronger progestogen such as the mirena or an oral progestin.

I had no other symptoms except extreme bleeding for which I had to have tranx acid to calm it down, I paid private to see a gynaecologist and she said the cause of the heavy bleeding was too much estrogen so she halved my dose, and within 3 months it had was back to a normal period flow, a year on extreme bleeding starts again so my dose was halved again, I have no menopause symptoms night sweats etc, and so far no bleeding

Ebonybones

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2024, 08:00:27 PM »

Yes I have no menopause symptoms from dropping from 100 to 25

@ebonybones

Did all your other symptoms stay controlled when you dropped from 100 to 50 and then to 25 . I’m terrified that I turn into a lunatic again . !!!

I’ve just dropped from 125 to 100 and the bleeding has gone crazy heavy and persistent .

Ebonybones

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2024, 08:03:15 PM »

I really think you should speak to a dr about your bleeding asap, you’re prob low on iron too and can’t carry on like this

I was increased to 100 from 75 when my symptoms returned by gp.

I have recently had a scan and bloods and my eostrogen is in the middle so I’m absorbing properly and the scan shows 2 small fibroids . 

This bleeding is nothing I have experienced before tho and the doc is saying my only options are norethistone or the coil I don’t want either !!!   Should I persevere on 100 evorel and 200 utro continuous .
Lost a lot of blood today and yesterday which I can’t imagine I can sustain !?!

My lining is 3mm this was just done 3 weeks ago

I take utrogestan vaginally 200 each night

GraceM

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2024, 12:03:35 PM »

I had very heavy bleeding and took tranexemic acid for a few months before getting the mirena coil. Your oestrogen is probably too high as your own levels can be at play along with your high dose of patch.  Prior to getting the coil I was on a 25mg patch which had been reduced from 50mg to try and control the bleeding.  After 6 months on the coil I tried to increase the patch to 50mg again but bleeding became an issue along with cramps, so I reduced to 25mg again and am on that since.  While I do have symptoms that could well be relieved by a higher patch, for me the reduced bleeding is much more beneficial.  I think there are times we might have to trade some symptoms for others.  Taking HRT doesn't always alleviate every symptom and can even make some worse.  Ask your gp about tranexemic acid to help stem the flow for now.  Since you have reduced your patch, hopefully things will settle soon. 
Pages: 1 [2]