Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Extreme bleeding  (Read 915 times)

bubblebabe

• First Flush
Extreme bleeding
« on: June 16, 2024, 09:58:34 PM »

Hi please can someone help I’m slightly freaking out !!!

I have been on 125 evorel for last 8 months with 100 utrogestan continuos .

(100 because l newson said no evidence to suggest more needed over 100 eostrogen ) anyway

I started bleeding lightly in feb this year and then took broad spectrum  antibiotics for 1 week recently and all bleeding stopped !!!!   Antibios finished and bleeding started . 

I have just decided to increase the utro to 200 to try and stop the bleeds this didn’t  stop it but didn’t make it worse . Then I reduced patch to 100 and now my bleeding is insane !!! I am flooding every 30 mins and need to change I can’t go to gym or wear anything nice .  What is going on xx thx

Ebonybones

Re: Extreme bleeding
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2024, 10:26:59 PM »

Sounds like your estergon is too high, why are you on 100?

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2024, 05:28:26 AM »

Hi are you definitely post menopausal ?

bubblebabe

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2024, 06:43:31 AM »

@ebonybones

I was fine for the first 8 months on 125 it sorted all my mood symptoms and hot flushes ,,,, but I’m now trying to drop to stop the bleed .  Hot flashes back but I might have to live with that if the bleeding stops.  It’s literally pouring out me !!!

Dotty

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2024, 06:47:41 AM »

Hi were you 12 months without a period before going on HRT ?

Ebonybones

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2024, 07:55:08 AM »

When I had extreme bleeding that wouldn’t stop the gynaecologist said I was having too much estergon for my age (I am 50) and was on the 100mg sequi patch she dropped it down to 50mg bleeding calmed for a few months then came back bad so now I’m on 25mg patch conti

bubblebabe

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2024, 08:36:36 AM »

@Dotty

I’m 51 and my periods haven’t stopped but I was put on continuous as my mood dipped dramatically every time I had the break from the utro

bubblebabe

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2024, 08:38:47 AM »

@ebonybones

Did all your other symptoms stay controlled when you dropped from 100 to 50 and then to 25 . I’m terrified that I turn into a lunatic again . !!!

I’ve just dropped from 125 to 100 and the bleeding has gone crazy heavy and persistent .

sheila99

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2024, 09:13:20 AM »

I think you should see you gp and ask for a scan, it's the only way you'll know what's going on. My guess is that 100 mcg utro isn't sufficient for 125mcg oestrogen and your lining has built up. Or perhaps you have a fibroid.

Ebonybones

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2024, 11:37:56 AM »

If you’re 51 I’d say 100mg is way too much and this is what’s causing the bleeding, try and get a drs appointment and a scan like Dotty said

Dotty

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2024, 12:12:09 PM »

Hi the bleeding is likely caused because you are not post menopause.

Booroo

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2024, 01:38:45 PM »

@Dotty

I’m 51 and my periods haven’t stopped but I was put on continuous as my mood dipped dramatically every time I had the break from the utro

Sorry to jump in on this post but wanted to ask please do you still have regular period on continuous and medics say that’s fine? Only asking as I’m on conti but still do my own thing monthly I’m 51 also and near the end I think?

Booroo

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2024, 01:39:36 PM »

@Dotty

Sorry also same for me my moods dropped awful on sequi

bombsh3ll

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2024, 05:56:30 PM »

It's extremely unlikely to be anything worrying but you probably have built up quite thick lining which needs to shed.

Make a GP appointment and ask for something to stop the bleeding if necessary such as tranexamic acid, a blood test to make sure you aren't anaemic, and either an increased dose, formulation or route of progestogen going forward.

A scan should also be done to exclude anything requiring specific treatment. Also ensure your smear is up to date.

Your estrogen dose is not necessarily too high - the correct dose for you is the one that relieves your symptoms, however oral micronised progesterone isn't always strong enough to keep the lining in check and some women do need either higher doses or to take it vaginally, or alternatively a stronger progestogen such as the mirena or an oral progestin.

Loulou08

• First Flush
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2024, 06:21:57 PM »

I think an appointment with Dr is essential to rule out anything else. X
Pages: [1] 2