Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Aching feet  (Read 639 times)

Hannah2041

• First Flush
Aching feet
« on: June 13, 2024, 05:13:16 PM »

Is aching feet quite common during menopause and how do you manage to sooth your aching feet?

Some advice please also for insoles and shoes with good arch supports

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Aching feet
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2024, 06:38:35 PM »

As oestrogen levels drop so might the arches in the feet = aches and pains.

Check your foot wear and make sure that slippers are supportive.  Is there a particular pinch point under the heel for example or it is all over aching bones/joints?  True restless legs can be cured by eating bananas daily ;-)

MileyCyprus

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2024, 10:18:27 AM »

I bought some "cold & hot therapy wrap reusable gel pack for pain relief.  Great for sprains, muscle pain, bruises, injuries etc. (Foot, arm elbow, Ankle)" from Amazon £13.99.  I love them.  Keep them in the fridge (Freezer is too much!) and pop them on both feet in bed, they attach with velcro - BLISS!

Penguin

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2024, 10:20:45 AM »

Magnesium body butter on calves and body shop peppermint foot lotion on feet. But I'm now off to order the hot and cold therapy thing mentioned above as it sounds amazing!!

Hannah2041

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2024, 12:36:42 PM »

Magnesium body butter on calves and body shop peppermint foot lotion on feet. But I'm now off to order the hot and cold therapy thing mentioned above as it sounds amazing!!

Can you tell me please where you bought the magnesium body butter from?

Jett

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2024, 08:40:14 PM »

Hi

I am also experiencing the sore feet.  Sore aching stiff soles especially when I wake up in the morning so thanks for the recommendations.

Jxx

Penguin

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2024, 05:44:21 AM »

Can you tell me please where you bought the magnesium body butter from?

It is the BetterYou brand, I bought it in our large Tesco but you can also buy online direct from BetterYou.  I'd hazard a guess amd say maybe even Holland and Barrett. Avoid the spray version as some people (me included!) Finds it either stings or itches. Whereas the butter is just lovely 😍