Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: VA flare up  (Read 1858 times)

Jules

Re: VA flare up
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2024, 10:30:29 AM »

That's my experience and what I've been told medically that it's for life.

Ayesha

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2024, 10:32:47 AM »

So can I just check, anybody who uses vaginal moisturiser,  how do you use it alongside your vaginal estrogen?

Ok, my routine. Vagifem, moisturiser spread all around the vagina with finger then Estriol cream spread lightly over the same area.
It how I started and its what works for me. The good thing with a good natural moisturiser like Yes, you can use as much as you want without worrying about over dosing.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2024, 10:34:51 AM by Ayesha »

Jules

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2024, 10:37:59 AM »

Ok. I have been doing that though mixing the estriol with my vagisil prohydrate but I have to use it everywhere around the vulva so it takes more estriol to cover. It's been okay up to now but I've nit been putting any just inside which is what the doctor pointed out. I thought the vagifem was reaching that. I do feel more comfortable today so hopefully the treatment is helping. I've been popping an extra dose of estriol on in the mornings too.

Ayesha

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2024, 10:46:21 AM »

I have never used vagisil prohydrate but I do know how dry the Vagifem pessary is, as is the Estriol cream and I think they work better by using moisturiser inside the vagina, all three seem to work well together and make things more comfortable.

Jules

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2024, 12:07:05 PM »

I have never used vagisil prohydrate but I do know how dry the Vagifem pessary is, as is the Estriol cream and I think they work better by using moisturiser inside the vagina, all three seem to work well together and make things more comfortable.
Do you use your internal moisturiser with your vagifem...at the same time?

Ayesha

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2024, 12:20:54 PM »

Yes, I've always done it this way. Insert the pessary then apply the moisturiser inside and out with finger and then use the Estriol cream.
This regime has been very successful for me relieving the symptoms by 100%

Jules

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2024, 01:01:40 PM »

Excuse me for the graphics but don't you dislodge the pessary?

Ayesha

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2024, 01:55:23 PM »

Once the pessary is in place it doesn't budge, just very slowly dissolves and my finger doesn't touch it when using the moisturiser, the pessary is placed just high enough so not to be uncomfortable. Remember when inserting a tampon, if you didn't place it high enough it was painful until you pushed it up just a little bit more.

Jules

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2024, 03:35:37 PM »

Once the pessary is in place it doesn't budge, just very slowly dissolves and my finger doesn't touch it when using the moisturiser, the pessary is placed just high enough so not to be uncomfortable. Remember when inserting a tampon, if you didn't place it high enough it was painful until you pushed it up just a little bit more.
Okay. I don't insert mine high though so that might not work. I put it about a third up since I read that's best inn reducing the estrogen going up to the uterus.

Jules

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2024, 11:12:11 AM »

I have finally got some relief, hope I've not spoken too soon. A combo of steroid cream,  extra estriol cream and moisturiser seems to have calmed it. I'm really anxious about it flaring up again
Pages: 1 [2]