Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Itchy nipples  (Read 563 times)

SundayGirl

Itchy nipples
« on: June 08, 2024, 10:46:37 AM »

(I know - Sounds like something you'd order at the cocktail bar  ;D)

For various reasons, I've recently stopped all hrt. I stopped my VA/GSM treatments a few weeks ago due to ongoing issues and stopped my Lenzetto and Utro a few days ago. I tapered down the Lenzetto from 3 sprays slowly.

Now though, my nipples have become really itchy especially when my reading glasses, that I wear on a string round my neck otherwise I can never find them  ::), brush against them.
Anyone know how long this stage will last?
How long before all the oestrogen and progesterone have left my body?

After searching the forum the threads show that most ladies have issues when increasing hrt and not reducing.

Free itchy nipple cocktails all round 🍹 🍹 🍹

Penguin

Re: Itchy nipples
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2024, 10:53:26 AM »

They can be itchy when estrogen is low too, as it dries the skin and nipple skin is very sensitive. I use aloe vera lotion on my breasts after a shower and if it's dry skin that should help the itching.
However, if you are still in peri, you are likely to still be getting fluctuations so the itching could be that too, maybe spikes in estrogen that you're not otherwise aware of. If it's that then it just has to pass in its own time.

SundayGirl

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2024, 11:05:02 AM »

I'm very much post-meno and did have issues when I was on conti patches a couple of years ago. The itching stopped as soon as I stopped the patches. I've never suffered from itchy nipples until then. Was fine all through my 'reproductive years' - even during peri.

Penguin

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2024, 11:19:27 AM »

Oh okay, maybe it is just the change in levels then, the drop perhaps. Do you have any others symptoms of either low or high estrogen?
Re when your body will stop producing estrogen,   I actually thought it didn't. I thought even post meno a small amount was still produced, but the weaker type, estrone I think it's called. May be wrong though.
Either way I hope it eases up for you, sounds very annoying!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2024, 11:34:49 AM »

Yep.  even after surgery ovaries can continue to pump out small amounts from the stem

My main concern is why has you stopped vaginal atrophy treatment  :-\

SundayGirl

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2024, 01:42:06 PM »

Oh okay, maybe it is just the change in levels then, the drop perhaps. Do you have any others symptoms of either low or high estrogen?
Hi Penguin
The only thing bothering me at the moment, apart from the va/GSM side of things is the itchy nipples. I feel absolutely fine in myself in all other ways. I actually think that the hrt was making me anxious and since stopping it I feel calmer and happier.

Re when your body will stop producing estrogen,   I actually thought it didn't. I thought even post meno a small amount was still produced, but the weaker type, estrone I think it's called. May be wrong though.
Either way I hope it eases up for you, sounds very annoying!
Crossed wires I think. I meant when the exogenous oestrogen that I was using would be depleted, not when my own body would stop producing any.

I just hope it's a short term effect.

SundayGirl

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2024, 01:44:16 PM »

My main concern is why has you stopped vaginal atrophy treatment  :-\
Issues with symptoms increasing/getting worse/not improving.

Decided to stop and try to get to a baseline and start over with treatments.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2024, 02:41:38 PM »

Remind me: how long have U been on treatment for?

My nipples itch, I gently apply 'vaseline' hand cream in a yellow bottle.  Then lay naked for it to soak in.  Works every time but the itching can be really annoying!