Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Missed periods and long long hot flushes  (Read 511 times)

Nt78

• First Flush
Missed periods and long long hot flushes
« on: June 05, 2024, 05:50:00 PM »

Hi
My periods have got irregular since last 3-4 months, lighter flow since last 1.5 years
Feel super hot (almost feverish) lasting 4-5 hours, then have chills and cool down, until the next prolonged episode of hot flush in few hours!!!
It’s very debilitating to say the least.
Occurs everyday since last 6-7 weeks.

Does anyone experience such long episodes of hot flush?

bombsh3ll

Re: Missed periods and long long hot flushes
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2024, 06:44:04 PM »

Hi, I've never had a hot flush myself - I just wanted to say that there's no need to put up with symptoms that are making you uncomfortable. This is entirely treatable and I hope you manage to get some relief soon.

Nt78

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2024, 07:46:47 PM »

Hi, I've never had a hot flush myself - I just wanted to say that there's no need to put up with symptoms that are making you uncomfortable. This is entirely treatable and I hope you manage to get some relief soon.

Thank you :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2024, 10:02:51 PM »

Welcome.  Every woman experiences The Change the same or different or similar  ::)

My periods waxed and waned for several years.  I had cold flushes down my back for a few months as well as itchy insteps when I took off socks at night.  Then vaginal atrophy years later.

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use. 

It could be down to a loss of oestrogen = flushing.  Have a word with your GP or Nurse Practitioner for advice, there R also dedicated menopause clinics - not a gynaecologist - both NHS and private, with waitings lists.

Let us know how you get on.

Wrensong

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2024, 09:25:32 AM »

Hi Nt78.  Yes, my flushes were also v longlasting in perimenopause & never over in the few minutes most articles cite as usual.  Especially in the 10 days leading up to a period however long the cycle had been & as peri progressed I went many months between periods as lots of us do.  I still have very long, troublesome episodes of overheating at night, 12 yrs postmenopause.

Worth asking your GP to check you out though, as there can be other reasons for feeling feverish, inc thyroid issues.
Wx