Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Papercut on bottom  (Read 1314 times)

Elliebee

Papercut on bottom
« on: May 20, 2024, 11:53:44 AM »

Apologies for the TMI !
On Saturday morning I had my usual pre- period constipation. After trying to go to the loo there was a tiny, tiny dot of bright red blood on the toilet tissue. I had a look in the area with the help of my little hand held mirror and noticed a little tear like a Papercut at bottom section of anus. I decided to clean the area with warm water and cotton pad and as I pressed on the tear a very small amount of blood oozed out.
I have had similar small cut in the same area before and they usually appear a day or two before my period.They only tend to bleed very, very slightly and disappear in a day. So far I’ve had 3 this year - every couple of months. One in 2022 before that.

I have read that progesterone and prostaglandin in second half of cycle make the blood vessels around anus swell and become sensitive.
There has been no further bleeding and the cut is healing just visible as a red line now.
I do worry about such things and immediately think it’s cancer! I’ve had a negative FIT test in March this year.

Has anyone else had anything similar ?

I did an E consult GP appointment and they have booked me in for 4 June by which time it will have gone !

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Papercut on bottom
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2024, 01:09:14 PM »

Yep.  My GP advised Anusol applied liberally then wear panties at night.  I have used Savlon successfully too.  [less embarrassing to ask for at the Chemist ;-) ]

Nowt is OTT on here, nor silly nor stupid .  Ask away.  As hormone levels rise and fall different parts of our bodies may become drier  ::)

Elliebee

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2024, 01:13:03 PM »

Thank you CLKD. So nothing to worry about . I’ve been telling myself this since Saturday but then have bouts of panic!
Was yours like a Papercut ?

Penguin

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2024, 02:14:41 PM »

Thank you CLKD. So nothing to worry about . I’ve been telling myself this since Saturday but then have bouts of panic!
Was yours like a Papercut ?

I get this little papercuts every month, from crease of bum all the way to the front near vagina /vulva. It coincides with when my estrogen is low and the whole area is much drier. I slather in sudocream and it really helps, although there are probably more natural choices to use! But yes, it happens to me and I get the little dots of bright red blood on a tissue AND its been happening for such a long time I expect it now! Be more gentle with wiping if you can or buy softer loo paper x

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2024, 02:48:48 PM »

Nowt to worry about, but Oh! So! Painful !!

Elliebee

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2024, 02:56:20 PM »

Hi Penguin mine starts just south of the anal opening and is 1-2 cm. Did u ever get yours checked by a GP. Problem I have is that by the time I’m going to see GP it will have gone. As I know bleeding is from the external cut and not from inside rectum I’m thinking it’s nothing to stress over.
But I do suffer from HA.

DottyD68

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2024, 03:05:53 PM »

Sounds like an "anal fissure". I very very occasionally get then if I have been constipated and pass a very hard, dry stool (or piece of coal and I describe it!!!). Very scary to see blood on tissue and/or in toilet pan but normally clears up in a day or so. I put a dab of germolene or something similar which is a bit greasy but clears it up.

Penguin

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2024, 03:39:07 PM »

Hi Penguin mine starts just south of the anal opening and is 1-2 cm. Did u ever get yours checked by a GP. Problem I have is that by the time I’m going to see GP it will have gone. As I know bleeding is from the external cut and not from inside rectum I’m thinking it’s nothing to stress over.
But I do suffer from HA.

When you say South do you mean inside the anal opening? Mine are generally on the outside and no, never been checked by a gp, but really it's nothing, just dry thin and sensitive skin. Like Dotty says I've also had bright red when I've squeezed out a really hard / sharp feeling poo (lol the things we talk about here) but, truly, this is just your health anxiety, it isn't a thing at all.

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2024, 03:40:55 PM »

Do remember that bright red blood is fresh, usually due to a cut or similar.  Get which ever preparation you decide upon as far into the sore area as is comfortable.  Several times a day when possible.  Keeping the area less dry is important to stop those paper cuts!

Elliebee

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2024, 04:00:10 PM »

Thank you ladies.

Penguin it is outside of the anal opening just outside the puckered up anal skin if that makes sense?
The 12 o’clock position is closest to vagina and 6 o’clock near bum crack . As you say the things we talk about on here 😬🤣

Kathleen

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2024, 05:27:50 PM »

Hello Elliebee

This may sound gross but could you use your phone to take a picture of the cut?  If it has healed before your GP appointment you will at least have something to refer to.

I agree that no subject is off the table here.
Back in the day I would read a forum populated by sufferers of Ulcerative Colitis and poop in all its forms was regularly discussed!

Take care.

K.

Elliebee

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2024, 06:06:19 PM »

Hi Kathleen, I persuaded my hubby to take a photo of the area this morning. He’s been away with work otherwise I’d have asked him to do it on Saturday when it first appeared. It’s not so clear now.
Unfortunately the GP E consult will not allow anyone to upload photos of bums, boobs or genitalia ! Otherwise I’d have sent it today.

Elliebee

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2024, 06:31:49 PM »

Hi Kathleen, I persuaded my hubby to take a photo of the area this morning. He’s been away with work otherwise I’d have asked him to do it on Saturday when it first appeared. It’s not so clear now.
Unfortunately the GP E consult will not allow anyone to upload photos of bums, boobs or genitalia ! Otherwise I’d have sent it today.

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2024, 08:44:39 AM »

How is the area after treatment?

Elliebee

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2024, 08:46:41 AM »

CLKD it is fine only a very, very faint red line now. No pain or further bleeding. See my new post 😬
Pages: [1] 2