Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Recurrent thrush and six month course of Fluconazole  (Read 3700 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Recurrent thrush and six month course of Fluconazole
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2024, 12:43:46 PM »

So real reasons .......... U had ditched 'him' by then !   ::)

How R U feeling today?

Emzib0b

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2024, 01:20:44 PM »

I eventually had a cystoscopy. I was told I had an abnormally narrow urethra that had to be dilated to even get the camera in! I don’t think Mr Scumbag ex’s behaviour helped matters as I had no more than the occasional UTI before being involved with him.

The soreness felt worse again last night. No itching this time. It’s not really bothering me today, though.

CLKD

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2024, 03:01:01 PM »

What did U use to ease the soreness?  The moment my flower ;-) aggravates, up with the treatment  8)

Emzib0b

« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2024, 08:01:58 AM »

What did U use to ease the soreness?  The moment my flower ;-) aggravates, up with the treatment  8)

I was so exhausted on that night that I just fell asleep straight away. I used some YES VM. I resort to Vagisil (the one with the local anaesthetic) when the itching/soreness stops me sleeping.

Emzib0b

I still have thrush even though it’s sensitive to Fluconazole
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2024, 08:06:53 AM »

I’ve had a text from the surgery. The swab has confirmed I still have thrush but it is sensitive to Fluconazole, so I’m to continue on with the meds.

:sigh:

CLKD

« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2024, 09:09:59 AM »

What other treatment is there, something is 'out' with the digestive tract if thrush is recurrent  :-\

U must be so tired!

Emzib0b

I still have thrush even though it’s sensitive to Fluconazole
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2024, 09:31:02 AM »

The results speak for themselves, don’t they? If it’s sensitive to Fluconazole, why is it still there? We know what happens in the lab doesn’t necessarily translate to the body, so what’s going on in my body to stop it working, I wonder? Am I not absorbing the Fluconazole properly? Am I taking a supplement or medication that’s interfering? Does my HRT need adjusting? Is my vaginal environment stopping it working properly?

I hope the GP I’m booked in to see at the end of next week has some ideas!

Tired and fed up (and a bit frustrated)!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2024, 09:34:17 AM by Emzib0b »

CLKD

« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2024, 11:48:23 AM »

I bet you R!  :bighug:  take those queries to your n ext appt.. 

Is the thrush worse, in that the swab shows less reaction than previous samples? 

LIVE yoghurt eaten and applied ;-). 

Emzib0b

« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2024, 12:37:22 PM »

I bet you R!  :bighug:  take those queries to your n ext appt.. 

Is the thrush worse, in that the swab shows less reaction than previous samples? 

LIVE yoghurt eaten and applied ;-).
:thankyou:
I couldn’t get any more info from the receptionist when I phoned for more details about the swab results. Fingers crossed the GP can tell me more on Friday.

I have good news! I used one of the Clotrimazole pessaries last week (while continuing with weekly tablets) and touch wood, I’m feeling a lot better! I really hope it lasts!

CLKD

« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2024, 01:50:07 PM »

let us know how you get on.  R U taking a list to discuss?

Emzib0b

« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2024, 05:52:28 PM »

let us know how you get on.  R U taking a list to discuss?
I had almost a side of A4 full of questions!  :o
I had my appointment today. The GP is contacting Gynae for further advice. She’s told me to hold off the vaginal oestrogen until she’s had a reply, but has agreed to switch me over to Estriol cream so I can apply externally as well. She’s prescribed some more Clotrimazole pessaries to use as and when needed.

She confirmed that there was no BV present on the swab, just thrush. I mentioned my raised pH and the papers I’d found and after she’d googled it she agreed!

CLKD

« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2024, 06:21:54 PM »

:thankyou:

Crochet

• First Flush
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2024, 11:34:42 AM »

Hi I am also on the 6 month  floconazole  oral treatment. I have thrush confirmed by a swab. I got thrush after taking a heart drug. I stopped the drug 4 months ago but have had constant thrush since. I also have vaginal atrophy which the gp has given me estriol for. What I don’t understand is if I do the two weeks loading dose how will the thrush tablet work.
Before I started this journey I had never had anything like this. It’s so hard. It’s literally all I think about. so sad and sore.
Any advice I would be so grateful for. I’ve done all the things I’ve read. Probiotics, apple cider vinegar, have all the yes products, no sex just at a loss x

Ayesha

« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2024, 06:47:55 PM »

The two treatments I assume will work well together as one is oral and the other isn't. The most important thing is you start the GSM(VA) treatment as it takes a while to take effect. If after the two weeks you are still not feeling any better, do another loading dose. Its perfectly safe to do this but hopefully you will start to feel better soon and know treatment is for life.

CLKD

« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2024, 07:01:46 PM »

Crochet:  :welcomemm:  Do begin the VA treatment ASAP for at least every night for 3 weeks.  U may like to add 'yes' product to the vulval area .  When my digestive tract is upset I eat "LIVE" Yoghurt to cleanse the gut from top to bottom.  Let the tablet for thrush do its work first so that the body isn't getting too much too soon.

Is the thrush itchy? 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4