Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Vaginal atrophy  (Read 3881 times)

lor.com

Vaginal atrophy
« on: April 04, 2024, 09:06:32 PM »

So having had a disaster with Vagifem is it worth my while trying systemic hrt?  If so which one? Seems I can ask for what I need from my doctors. I’m 60 no periods for many years. Few symptoms otherwise (lucky me) since the Vagifem I’m noticing more general tenderness and horse riding is less comfortable. Thanks for any ideas. Much appreciated.

VioletAquarius

Re: Vaginal atrophy
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2024, 09:56:22 PM »

What disaster did you have with the vagifem?

You could try another, eg vagirux. Some people are okay with one brand but not the other.

I understand that systemic won't be that good for va, you need something locally applied, but I'm sure someone with more knowledge will be along soon.

lor.com

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2024, 10:03:24 PM »

Disaster was terrible side effects. Dragging pain soreness nausea. Grim!

lor.com

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2024, 10:07:33 PM »

Also are there any natural ways to improve VA?

Minusminnie

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2024, 05:01:27 AM »

Have you asked to try Ovestin now called Estriol 1mg/g which is a cream and may suit you better and help.

Is there any sort of adaptive saddle/jodphurs that could minimise discomfort when horse riding ? afraid activities such as that and bike riding aren't the best for the pelvic/vulva area.

lor.com

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2024, 08:30:37 AM »

Already have memory foam/gel saddle covers. It sucks getting old!

lor.com

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2024, 08:31:55 AM »

Also worry that the cream will be messy/cause same side effects. Suppose you can introduce it more gradually?

Minusminnie

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2024, 09:36:51 AM »

The cream contains estriol rather than estradiol that is in vagifem. You may find the difference helps you and not cause the side effects that you felt using Vagifem.

Tena do a panty liner called Tena Lights Sensitive unperfumed so as not to cause irritation if any mess. 
I use Ovestin/Estriol 1mg/g just externally at bedtime then shower each morning.

I did buy a special saddle for my push bike when 'things' started for me.  Couldn't get on with it and my bike eventually went.  Hope you can keep riding for a long as you possibly feel that you can.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 09:40:45 AM by Minusminnie »

kathryn22

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2024, 02:45:08 PM »

I’m just about to start Intrarosa having not tolerated creams and vagirux. Had to wait till inflammation calmed down using steroid cream annd barrier cream so hopefully this will now help. I also find using a liner helps and I don’t need to use if I haven’t used meds
Its a shame but a fact saddles and atrophy are not a good match but if you get comfortable it may stop being an issue
Hope you get sorted

fiftyplus

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2024, 03:14:10 PM »

Keep us updated on how you get on with Intrarosa kathryn22.  Good luck x

lor.com

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2024, 05:06:14 PM »

Thank you all. I’ve requested the cream to try. Also asked about systemics. We shouldn’t have to suffer eh?