Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Called to see dr following biopsy  (Read 6068 times)

Jules321

• First Flush
Called to see dr following biopsy
« on: April 02, 2024, 08:29:59 PM »

I’ve been called by the hospital to go and see the doctor tomorrow after a hysteroscopy and biopsy last Friday.
Obvs I’m terrified but I’m telling myself to take things one step at a time.
The dr who did the procedure said he found thickening on the back of the womb and polyps. So they must of found something. Just trying not to run the tapes forward as to what and go see them tomorrow. They said I could bring someone with me and I have a friend who is coming with me.
Has anyone had a similar experience ? And how did it go?

sheila99

Re: Called to see dr following biopsy
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2024, 09:44:41 AM »

No experience but wishing you a good outcome.

Jules321

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2024, 09:51:35 AM »

Thanks so much for your reply

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2024, 11:16:09 AM »

Probably nowt or ouwt.  Always wise to take someone with us anyway.  Make a list of worries to take with you too.  It mayB that you may need to undergo another procedure at your next visit so having a driver with you as support will help.  Let us know how you get on.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2024, 11:46:47 AM »

Good luck and keep us updated

Penguin

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2024, 11:49:46 AM »

Hope all goes well today x

Jules321

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2024, 12:36:55 PM »

Thank you all I will update after x

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2024, 06:18:06 PM »

I've only just read your post but I'm hoping that your appointment went well.

Taz x  :hug:

Jules321

• First Flush
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2024, 07:36:22 PM »

Thank you again for all the comments. This forum has been a godsend I’ve been reading the comments and searching terms and getting the identification.
So I’ve got womb cancer. They think they’ve caught it early. Like stage one but they can’t say for sure until after the MRI. Then will be surgery. Quite a shock but had a feeling something was wrong. They were all very supportive and reassuring.
Not sure what to think - focusing on how positive they were in saying how treatable it was with a hysterectomy and possible ovaries too.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2024, 08:02:56 PM »

That's awful news for you.  Keep making those lists of worries to talk over at each appt., my Surgeon insisted upon it.  However he was so clear and reassuring that I never needed to.

How long B4 you get the MRI?  Also do discuss what type of replacement will ease any symptoms ......... did U take some1 with you and what support will you have going forwards?

B4 you have surgery get food into the freezer in good time: small tasty amounts of both first and desert courses.  Buy plenty of nighties that button up the front, much easier after any type of operation. 

getting_old

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2024, 08:30:05 PM »

So sorry to read this. It would have been a horrible shock for you. It sounds like they think they have caught it early and that it's treatable. and are already planning your treatment.

Jules321

• First Flush
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2024, 08:43:42 PM »

I think I’m still processing tbh. We all hope it’s nothing don’t we. But when the hospital called yesterday for me to come in today I knew it was something. I used to be a nurse.
I had a friend stay at mine with my dog that has separation anxiety. And a good friend came with me. I’m so glad she did too and she asked some questions about diet and supplements that I wouldn’t have thought of.
They have an MRI booked for 12 days time but the nurse said she’s going to try to bring it forward.
I got the big McMillan pack and someone from the hospital is going to call in next few days to talk through support. I live alone with my doggy in a flat on the 2nd floor! Am hoping I can organise friends to come in to help.
And they said might be the robot laparoscopic…
Just want to really focus on looking after myself.
Reading these posts is really helping me so thanks so much! Will start getting organised

fiftyplus

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2024, 08:44:14 PM »

Sending some virtual hugs  :hug: and positive thoughts to you xx  awful news for you but good news that they think they have caught it early.  Take good care of and look after yourself xx

Penguin

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2024, 05:39:30 AM »

So sorry to hear this news but glad they appear to have caught it early. Also that they told you quickly and that there is a plan in place that isn't too far away. I can imagine the 12 day wait will still be horrible though. Do you have that person's number, as you could phone every couple of days to keep yourself front of their mind for an earlier slot?
Really good that you are already looking ahead to getting yourself physically ready for the challenges ahead. There is SO much you can do to support your mind and body, and help yourself recover from the treatment. Hopefully it will help you feel a little more in control if you are doing positive things for yourself.
I know you said you live alone but hopefully your doggy will be a wonderful comfort and always give you a reason for a little walk, wven just around the block. And you can always post here as there's pretty much always someone around to offer support or just hold space for you of you're feeling overwhelmed xx

Dotty

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2024, 06:15:16 AM »

Just want to say that I’ll be thinking of you. Please keep posting. There’s always someone here to help. xx
Pages: [1] 2