Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Newbie question and advice  (Read 1180 times)

JJRRCC

• First Flush
Newbie question and advice
« on: March 20, 2024, 12:40:11 PM »

I started taking HRT (gel and progesterone) at the beginning of December and so am coming to the end of my 4th month. Am feeling so much better. This month I missed one progesterone but took it the next morning and since then I have had a bleed (like an actual period) despite continuing as normal with the progesterone. My withdrawal bleed should come in a couple of days time when I stop after day 26 of Progesterone but I am bleeding already.  My doctor told me to let her know if this happens (I had a very light bleed at the beginning at the start of HRT hardly worth a mention) but my question is why has this happened? Could this be my ‘original’ cycle or should the  HRT that I am on ‘override’ this? Also surely would just missing one progesterone dose cause this? Hope I have explained this ok. The more I read the more confused I get! Also what might the gp do about this? The last thing I want to do is come off HRT as it’s made me feel human again! Thanks in advance x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Newbie question and advice
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2024, 01:14:52 PM »

I would do another full cycle - 1 day may well start a 'show' - hopefully some1 will be along with proper advice.  Sometimes our own hormones can over ride HRT initially.

Keeping a mood/food/symptom might help, something to discuss with your GP. 

U could put the product names into the search box: individually : and read the threads.  Make notes ;-)

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2024, 02:36:24 PM »

It could be your own cycle but also from missing the utro as it's the withdrawal from it that triggers the bleed. I've had from being about 4 hours late. The medical advice is normally to carry on with the utro regardless but if you find the two cycles are out of step you could adjust the utro to bring it in sync with your own cycle. I'm not quite sure why they tell you to keep going with the utro, to my mind once you're bleeding there's no point.

JJRRCC

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2024, 08:14:30 PM »

Thank you