Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Cutting patches in half?  (Read 948 times)

PearlJ

Cutting patches in half?
« on: March 07, 2024, 08:39:06 PM »

I have previously posted about incredibly sore boobs and post menopausal bleeding. The boobs got better when the bleeding came. I had a nurse appointment and she told me to try a lower dose by cutting my patches in half. I asked the pharmacist about this and she was skeptical that this would actually adjust the dose correctly and could actually give the same dose that doesn’t last as long. So I’m confused…. Has anyone else been advised to do this?
Also I had a scan today because of the bleeding and all was normal BUT because it’s normal and because my GP didn’t examine me internally apparently it’s likely I will have to have some sort of further examination 🙈

Hollyboll

Re: Cutting patches in half?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2024, 08:56:26 PM »

Sorry you’re having rough time.

Loads of people here (me included, by a well-known meno consultant) have been told to cut patches in half.

People have different preferences   Personally I find diagonal best to be sure equal pieces - but some people don’t like the pointy bits.

It can be a bit fiddly, edges not quite as sticky etc - sometimes I had to replace the bits more often if they came off.

But it’s definitely common advice/practice for lesser doses.

All that said, there are a lot more knowledgeable/ experienced people here so I’m sure someone will be along soon.

Good luck x

Katejo

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2024, 11:29:27 PM »

I have previously posted about incredibly sore boobs and post menopausal bleeding. The boobs got better when the bleeding came. I had a nurse appointment and she told me to try a lower dose by cutting my patches in half. I asked the pharmacist about this and she was skeptical that this would actually adjust the dose correctly and could actually give the same dose that doesn’t last as long. So I’m confused…. Has anyone else been advised to do this?
Also I had a scan today because of the bleeding and all was normal BUT because it’s normal and because my GP didn’t examine me internally apparently it’s likely I will have to have some sort of further examination 🙈
I was advised to start with half Evorel Conti patches by the Meno consultant right at the beginning.

PearlJ

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2024, 09:12:39 AM »

Thanks ladies. I googled it and it seems to be fine so I don’t know why the pharmacist was confused!