Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Is there anyone on the forum with a diagnosed Progesterone allergy?  (Read 7972 times)

Gilla999

I don't mean PMDD type Progesterone intolerance, I mean an actual allergy  :)

Keen to hear from them if so! x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Is there anyone on the forum with a diagnosed Progesterone allergy?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2024, 06:35:23 PM »

R U able to describe your symptoms? 

Allergies are different to sensitivities or localised reactions.

Many find the progesterone part of a regime hard work!

Gilla999

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2024, 06:54:11 PM »

Hi CLKD, hope you're well  :)

Yes most of us dislike the Progesterone part of a regime! An actual progesterone allergy is quite different though - it's quite rare, but luckily easily diagnosed with a skin **** test. Because of how rare it is I'm not expecting to get any hits on here, but thought it couldn't hurt to ask  :)

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2024, 07:01:34 PM »

As well as sharing experiences so that others can consider it as a possibility? 

I'm OK after a strange reaction to an AD last week  :-\.  It amazes me how different drugs/treatmens can affect people  :o.

For years it was considered that I was allergic to DH  ??? ...... despite skin testing, not a lot was found, I've learned to manage my allergic rhinitis. 

How do women manage natural progesterone, I have never been aware of which hormone was responsible for periods etc.; it was all 'natural' and cyclical for me so it never crossed my mind, nor was I ever aware of ovulation. 

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2024, 07:21:12 PM »

Hi Gilla999 - it depends which formulation of progesterone? There was someone who was allergic to one of them I think. Also depends what form the allergy takes? It is one of our natural hormones so you will have had it in your body all your life and in large quantities every month when fertile and in huge quantities if you've been pregnant.

Hurdity x

Gilla999

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2024, 08:40:49 PM »

Hi Hurdity - Autoimmune Progesterone Dermatitis (APD) is the official name of the condition - it's an allergy to your own endogenous Progesterone, as well (usually) to all other forms of Progesterone, though some people do ok with synthetic progestins. It primarily manifests as urticaria and other cyclical skin related issues, and can begin at any time in life. It's quite rare, so I wasn't really expecting any positive replies, but thought it was worth asking!

CLKD sorry to hear about the strange reaction... was it a new medication, are you switching? I've been on a huge journey with my ADs over the last few years. It's so true about different people reacting differently to things!

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2024, 09:10:24 PM »

I began a thread when it occurred.

Nicola Eyre

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2024, 09:57:31 PM »

Hello
I have trialled many different progesterones, pre menopause and post menopause since having a total hysterectomy in November 2021. All progesterones give me significent side effects. Stomach bloating, migraines, pains in my legs, mood swings. So i am now only taking estrogen which doesn't eleviate menopause symptoms really apart from hot sweats.

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2024, 09:29:26 AM »

Morning Nicola -  :welcomemm:  However, I don't think that you require progesterone.   :-\

Ali P

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2024, 08:28:12 AM »

Hi. It’s while since I was on this forum but I’d like to get in touch with Gilla999
Gilla999 if you don’t mind me asking. Who was your doctor and was he private when you used omalizumab
Thanks Gilla.  Ali P

Penguin

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2024, 09:58:12 AM »

Hi. It’s while since I was on this forum but I’d like to get in touch with Gilla999
Gilla999 if you don’t mind me asking. Who was your doctor and was he private when you used omalizumab
Thanks Gilla.  Ali P

You could send her a dm and then she'd get notified via email that you'd contacted her on the forum?