Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Streptococcus  (Read 2889 times)

Jan1234

Streptococcus
« on: March 04, 2024, 01:02:04 PM »

Hi can anyone help me out on this please I've posted many times on here about bleeding issues while on hrt any how this time im a bit confused of what's acually going on, it all started beg of January with very small amounts of spotting went to gp who examined me and said I had a lot of discharge inside and blood so referred be back to see gynecology, in the mean time she gave me a swab to do at home a week later penicillin was put out for me as swab showed streptococcus, seen gynecology 17th Feb hysteroscopy and biopsy done no polyps lining slightly thickened but no concerns, still waiting for results, and 16days after hysteroscopy I'm still bleeding and having cramps and pain so went back to see gp today she hasn't had results back either, so I'd got it in my head now that it must be my hrt that's causing bleeds I'm on kliofem and it's a continuous hrt so I've been dead against having a coil but I've decided I need to give it a try because I'm running out of options because bleeding as been an issue quite a few times on the hrt with me, anyhow my gp as been pressuring me for a while to have a coil and today she's totally different she gave me provera to add with my hrt to stop the bleed and another swab to do to make sure the strep as gone, I really don't know what's going on, so sorry for the long post I'm trying to find out if anyone as had strep down there and their symptons
« Last Edit: March 04, 2024, 02:21:55 PM by Jan1234 »

AG64

• First Flush
Re: Streptococcus
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2024, 11:28:41 PM »

Hi yes I did in August 2022. Think I had some light spotting. Was examined by a nurse like a smear test which was excruciating as she could not use any lubrication, and swabs were taken. The GP called me a few days later with the results and I was put on a course of antibiotics. I didn’t actually see the GP. Didn’t even realise you could get Strep there.

sfreesto

Re: Streptococcus
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2024, 05:29:51 AM »

Yes, I had Group B Strep when I couldn’t get my vaginal atrophy under control. Once it got that sorted out my microbiome was much happier and I’ve been OK again.