Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Return of headaches  (Read 660 times)

shrosphirelass

Return of headaches
« on: February 26, 2024, 08:38:30 PM »

I have always suffered with hormonal headaches. They worsened with perimenopause and prompted me to go on HRT. After changing to a conti regime they greatly improved. I guess due to more even hormones, but recently they have got really bad. This also coincides with post menopausal bleeding. They are really impacting day to day life. I had an ocular migraine yesterday followed by a severe headache which has eased but is still there. 

If I came off HRT (pretty unthinkable really) if I am fully menopausal could this help, at least long term?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 01:21:13 PM by shrosphirelass »

jaypo

Re: Return of headaches
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2024, 07:55:00 AM »

Hi there, have you ever tried Vit D with added K capsules? I used to have headaches almost on a daily basis but since starting with the supplement, I rarely get them these days, it may not be the case for you but just my experience  :) x

shrosphirelass

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2024, 01:22:07 PM »

Thanks Jaypo, I do take a vit D supplement but not K. Anything is worth trying!

KaraShannon

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2024, 01:56:54 PM »

Shropshirelass, something that might be worth running by you, when I was on a really high dose of oestrogen (or my own levels were too high on top of hrt, who knows) I had awful headaches and dizziness.  I started lowering the estradiol gradually and, as you know I've still got a bit of something going on here and there, but I'd say I had a 98% reduction in them.  What's more I had the strangest period, with lots of pain, as if giving birth (not really bad but nothing I have ever had in my life, plus off my food and in bed for the day).  It all resolved after that, I think the high level of oestrogen has thickened the womb lining too much and that coincided with all these symptoms.  I'm still working on it but it was so obvious that I thought I'd better share with you should you want to get oestrogen levels checked or down, it might be you've had a swing in the direction of too much atm.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2024, 08:51:48 PM »

Interesting KaraShannpn. I'm only on a medium dose evorel conti but was late menopause and my husband is convinced that I'm not fully menopausal yet, so I guess I could have my own oestrogen surging around. It's so hard to tell but I guess it would explain my thickened lining too.