Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Polyp found progestin saga  (Read 461 times)

Gusgus

• First Flush
Polyp found progestin saga
« on: February 25, 2024, 07:08:05 PM »

Evening ladies
I’ve not posted for a while( I’m not good at technology!) but could do with some advice.
I was ticking along nicely on my hrt when in October I developed really bad nausea and realised it was the utrogestan. I am on also evorel 50
My Gp said to go down the vaginal route with utrogestan but after a month I was still nauseous.
So my Gp said stop that and prescribed provera. But 6 weeks later I was still bleeding so she upped my provera to 3x 10 mg and referred me for a vaginal scan.
This showed my womb lining to be 9mm , so Gp referred me to the 2 week pathway.
The consultant thought the bleeding was hrt related and suggested coming off to see if it would stop and reintroduce it at a later time. I said I didn’t want to do that as I suffer with poor sleep, brain fog and vaginal atrophy. She suggested a mirena , but my Gp had already tried that unsuccessfully as my bits are shutting up shop! She tried to do a biopsy, but that failed too for the same reason.
So I was to have it done by hysteroscopy, which happened two weeks later.
This was successful and found I had a polyp which was probably the cause of the thickness. I’m to have this removed at some point when I get a date.
However my Gp has already removed my Everol 50 from my repeat prescriptions . I have a telephone conversation on Wednesday with my Gp and I want her to still prescribe it till I have the procedure and then I can talk to the consultant again about the way forward with my hrt,
I have tried to cut down my provera to twice daily as she said 3 was quite high , but after only 2 weeks I’ve started spotting again!
Like a lot of ladies I’m at the end of my tether!
Any advice greatly appreciated.
Hope I’m posting in the right section. Thank you

sheila99

Re: Polyp found progestin saga
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2024, 07:34:22 PM »

Are you on local oestrogen for va? If not I'd suggest you do, it will only get worse without it. Could they put a mirena in at the same time they remove had polyp? Presumably you'll either have a ga or heavy duty pain killers. It's usually the most effective way to stop problem bleeding. It may be the polyp that's causing the bleeding but the progestin you've been on hasn't kept the lining thin.

Gusgus

• First Flush
Re: Polyp found progestin saga
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2024, 07:44:23 PM »

Hi Sheila 99

Thanks for reply. I’ve opted for local anaesthetic rather than GA due to a neck problem . I am on Ovestin for VA
Reluctant to have a coil as I’m almost 60 but it is something I may have to consider if that’s my only option.