Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Flare up  (Read 1512 times)

Loopsie

• First Flush
Flare up
« on: February 22, 2024, 03:33:22 PM »

I am having a bad flare up after 5 years of managing with my regime of Vagifem and estriol.  Not sure why it has flared up but it’s 5 years to the date since I started with atrophy - strange!

Anyway have done a reload and am now on every other day with both cream and pessary but there is a lingering area as I keep getting off and on a stabbing pain and feeling I want to pee.  Know this is all connected with atrophy but does anyone have any suggestions? It took my nearly 18 months to get to an acceptable level of coping and don’t want it to last that long this time.

I thought I was on top of things but have noticed my hot sweats are back too.  It’s like a never ending circle you manage one symptom and then another pops up!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Flare up
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2024, 03:46:46 PM »

Hi  :welcomemm:

How old you and what are your periods doing?  It mayB the ovaries having a 'go' = flushes.   

Do use the VA treatment every night, what have U been prescribed?

When I get the need2P I take 'nurofen' 2 x 3 times a day.  Also when using 'vagifem' internally one can also use 'ovestin' on the labia area. 

Loopsie

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2024, 07:26:00 PM »

Hi

I’m 60 and haven’t had a period for over 7 years.  I use the pessary for internal and cream for external every other night but soreness and feeling there is something there inside is starting to get me down.  As I said just when I thought I was coping ok it all starts again!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2024, 07:26:59 PM »

Could you. have a prolapse?  In the mean time use every night for a couple of weeks to boost the improvement.