Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Taking the plunge...again!  (Read 1946 times)

Tillymint

• First Flush
Taking the plunge...again!
« on: February 19, 2024, 04:06:09 PM »

Hi all...needing some courage!  Nearly 4 years in meno & trying hrt for 2nd time & hoping it will help! Patches gave me migraines so stopped & 3 years on now starting gel & tablet.  I'm really nervous but I need to try to see if it makes me feel better ! Have been ok on & off for last couple of years but now feeling absolutely bleurgh! Night sweats, digestion problems, aching joints, teary , tired , unmotivated & grumpy 😠
Just need a bit of encouragement & some validation that it does & can make a difference ! Thank you 😊

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Taking the plunge...again!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2024, 04:14:22 PM »

You'll fit right in.  Were U a Member previously?

As oestrogen levels drop the body may become dry: inside and out, as well as muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  So HRT may well help.  Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use.

Remember H[ormone]R[eplacement]T[herapy]

My digestive problems have eased enormously by cutting out almost all processed foods in the last couple of years.  Helped my guts feel less bloated but my slow transit still plays up at times. 

Tillymint

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2024, 05:41:13 AM »

Thank you for replying!
Yes I've been on here for years but not many posts but always taking advice from you all!

Going to keep a food diary & make a real effort to cut out processed foods. 

Still not plucked up the courage to start ! HRT sitting here looking at me - starting at the weekend  ;)

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2024, 07:07:54 AM »

Hi Tillymint gel and Utrogestan has certainly helped me. It took a while to find the right dose but I couldn’t do without it now. xx