Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Bleeding on topical estrogen post meno  (Read 4485 times)

Jules

Re: Bleeding on topical estrogen post meno
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2024, 12:35:50 AM »

Maybe but I've only missed 3 doses and am still using ovestin externally. I do tend to get pelvic discomfort and bladder urge when I've had anything like that and she was quite rough and hurt me. I'm holding out till Monday but after that depending on what's said I might resume.

Jules

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2024, 11:46:33 PM »

The discomfort has subsided so I think it was the rough internal examination that triggered it. Is there anything weaker than vagifem that I could suggest to the GP? Though it might not then do the job but I'm trying to get prepared for the appointment

VioletAquarius

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2024, 09:42:17 PM »

As you're feeling a bit better today, it probably was due the internal examination you had, especially if you've suffered similar before.

Regarding a lower dose of vagifem, sorry idk, but your gp should know this so ask them on Monday.

You could also ask the pharmacist,  as otc ones will be lower dose I would have thought.

Joaniepat

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2024, 10:03:57 PM »

Blissel gel is quite a weak dose of estriol. There is also 0.01% Estriol cream.
JP x

Jules

« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2024, 11:46:18 PM »

Blissel gel is quite a weak dose of estriol. There is also 0.01% Estriol cream.
JP x

Thanks. I wish I knew where this guidance is that says if I don't stop the vagifem she would have to refer me under the 2w thing. Hopefully I'll find out tomorrow

Jules

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2024, 11:55:18 AM »

Update. The guidance apparently is that any bleed in post menopausal women on hrt has to be a break from the hrt for 6 weeks to make sure that's the cause. She's agreed to refer me for a scan and if I've had no more bleeding in another 3 weeks I've to message her, let her know and I can start again but only on the twice weekly. That wasn't enough for the extent of things but I didn't have discomfort at least. She doesn't think the bleeding is anything sinister, she said it's likely to be the hrt but we need to be sure and can't be if I carry on using it. So I've agreed. She wouldn't prescribe moisturiser though, she said most isn't available and they advise to get it over the counter. She didn't even check. Just saving money I think.
Pages: 1 2 [3]