Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Hysteroscopy wait time  (Read 868 times)

shrosphirelass

Hysteroscopy wait time
« on: February 13, 2024, 12:24:37 PM »

Anyone any idea how long you have to wait between being told you need an urgent hysteroscopy and them giving you a date / doing it?

Northerngirl

Re: Hysteroscopy wait time
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2024, 12:45:31 PM »

Hi, think it depends on if you're having it under local anaesthetic or a general.  Also seems to depend on the NHS area you're under, mine is extremely slow or very busy. It is nearly 10 weeks since my tvs. 8 weeks since my failed biopsy at a routine gynae appointment and then I waited a further 5 weeks to have it done under GA. Hope you don't have to wait as long.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2024, 01:39:09 PM »

How depressing!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2024, 01:39:57 PM »

Ring the dept and ask?

shrosphirelass

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2024, 01:48:41 PM »

Tried that yesterday and today! Just got a message to say leave a message, and no one returns the call

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2024, 03:54:26 PM »

That's awful.  Probably because the Dept is overwhelmed with queries.  >sigh<

U could then have asked for a cancellation short-notice appt. 

Donna69

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2024, 07:13:32 PM »

Even with an urgent referral I was looking at 6 week wait for my hysteroscopy longer if you want a ga.I ended up going private as the stress of waiting was too much

Penguin

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2024, 07:22:56 PM »

Even with an urgent referral I was looking at 6 week wait for my hysteroscopy longer if you want a ga.I ended up going private as the stress of waiting was too much

Was it easy to get a GA quickly if going private? When I had one for IVF they put you to sleep as a matter of course,  didn't even offer an awake version thankfully!

shrosphirelass

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2024, 07:27:03 PM »

It would be really good to know what the time scale is. I didn't think to ask when the consultant phoned me. I just naively assumed it'd be pretty quick. So frustrating not being able to speak to anyone to clarify this.

Donna69

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2024, 07:30:04 PM »

Was it easy to get a GA quickly if going private? When I had one for IVF they put you to sleep as a matter of course,  didn't even offer an awake version thankfully!
it was no problem at all having a ga for it privately just expected me to pop a few paracetamol on the nhs

Penguin

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2024, 07:51:53 PM »

it was no problem at all having a ga for it privately just expected me to pop a few paracetamol on the nhs

That's good to know thanks, amd glad you got it dome quickly