Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: A question?  (Read 2627 times)

GypsyRoseLee

A question?
« on: February 10, 2024, 09:19:15 PM »

So annoyed that, at 53 and a half, I am still having periods. They're getting erratic but still make an appearance every few weeks. Consequently I still suffer with really nasty PMDD that arrives out of nowhere and disappears just as quickly. It's so bloody debilitating and horrible.

I haven't been able to take HRT for 4 years now because of a BC diagnosis.

So, here's my question - for those ladies who are post menopausal and using HRT do you still get these cyclical fluctuations?

And if you're post menopausal and not on HRT do you still get cyclical fluctuations?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: A question?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2024, 09:04:04 AM »

Morning GRL - I would be so so annoyed if still getting periods at that age ;-)

I was advised by the National Association for Pre-menstrual Syndrome [naps] to eat every 3 hours 24/7 to avoid a drop in blood sugar which can cause awful feelings.  Dr Dalton did a lot on ladies with severe symptoms, she represented some in Court to explain why women 'go mad' B4 a period.

There is a school of thought also that women, for Quality of Life reasons, should take HRT even after breast disease treatment.  Of course, this early in the morning I can't remember the Drs name  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2024, 09:05:37 AM »

I wonder how often HRT actually triggers breast disease  :-\  ???

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2024, 09:49:05 AM »

No because you have no cycle. It's possible there'll still be fluctuations for a while though until your ovaries die completely. On conti hrt there's still no cycle but on sequi there is though it's likely to be mild compared to your own fluctuations.

Jules

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2024, 10:34:49 AM »

I'm 66 and post menopause andcnever on systemic HRT.  I don't have any cyclical symptoms. I've had what feels like period pain at times years ago. I used to get pad pmt especially after my second child. Someone at work suggested I wear a sticker to warn people

shrosphirelass

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2024, 12:58:05 PM »

I'm 61 and on evorel conti. When I started taking HRT I was still having regular periods so started on evorel sequi.

I have experienced numerous episodes of bleeding and seem to get a lot of fluctuations, my headaches have been bad again, cramping and sometimes breast fullness.

No idea what it all means but am currrently having investigations for thickened edometrium and fluid in the uterous.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2024, 02:56:20 PM »

Ovaries even when 'removed' may still pump out small amounts of hormone if the stem is left behind.

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2024, 04:36:33 PM »

Thanks for everyone's reply. I feel quite disappointed, I was half hoping that once into menopause it would be a much more level playing field.

I can't tell you how utterly sick of these fluctuations I am x

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2024, 05:19:22 PM »

How do U feel overall?

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2024, 06:52:24 PM »

Hi CLKD

Overall I'm on a far, far better place than when I joined here all those years ago, when I was desperate. So that's something to be incredibly grateful for. And even back when I was on HRT I still got these awful grey slumps from time to time.

When I'm feeling good I feel really great. But I never know how long it's going to last? It could be 3 months or it could be 3 weeks. There's no rhyme nor reason to it - except it always lasts roughly 12 days.

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2024, 06:54:21 PM »

I found the set backs with any anxiety worse than the original episode.  Not knowing how long it would last each time ....... fortunately with ADs my mood is usually stable.

I try not to look further than half a day at a time.  However, when symptoms are physical it's harder!