Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Mirena and Everol Sequi  (Read 572 times)

Jetdav

• First Flush
Mirena and Everol Sequi
« on: February 09, 2024, 11:27:18 AM »

Hi, new here. I have been on Everol Sequi for over a year. No idea when menopause actually happened as I was on a contraceptive implant. I’m 55. I had some bleeding ( probably related to HRT but was sent for a scan and womb lining was thickened. Had a hysteroscopy yesterday and Mirena coil fitted. Had a HRT review two weeks ago and doctor had said as soon as it was fitted I should swap to oestrogen gel. However I can’t get an appointment till next week. Do you think I would be okay to just use the Everol 50 patches out of the pack for now until I get further advice?

Wrensong

Re: Mirena and Everol Sequi
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2024, 11:44:13 AM »

Hi Jetdav  :welcomemm:
The 50mcg estrogen only patches in Evorel Sequi are said to be roughly equivalent to two pumps of Estrogel, so if you have been told it's OK to continue with oestrogen pending biopsy result (I'm assuming they did one during the hysteroscopy) & use your new Mirena for the progestogen component, I would think that's a reasonable course of action until you see a doctor about it next week.  I'm guessing the gel dosage wasn't discussed but if they specified less than 2 pumps then the Evorel 50 patch dose will be higher than that, though depends on how well you absorb from each method. 

Assuming your biopsy results are OK, it should be an option to continue with patches for your oestrogen rather than gel if you prefer that method - the oestradiol in both products is the same.
Wx
« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 11:48:26 AM by Wrensong »

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2024, 07:14:08 PM »

Hi if you were on Evorel Sequi then it’s likely that you would bleed, so not sure why your doctor thought this was anything to worry about.

You can use Evorel patches or Oestrogel. Evorel 50 or 2 pumps of Oestrogel is roughly equal ( I agree with Wrensong).  If you’re happy with the patches then stay on those.

Wrensong

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2024, 11:42:21 AM »

Hi Dotty, I'd thought Jetdav's bleeding must have been thought other than what's expected on a sequi regimen for her to have been scanned & the thickened lining presumably  beyond limits if she was then scoped.  Know though, from being told at one hospital that upper limit was 4mm (when mine was only 1-2mm) & at another hospital a year later that my 6mm lining was fine & didn''t merit hysteroscopy, that what gets investigated where can vary quite a bit!
Wx
« Last Edit: February 10, 2024, 11:44:29 AM by Wrensong »

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2024, 01:54:33 PM »

As you were on a sequi regime your lining could have been 16mm if taken before a bleed and it wouldn't be a problem. The limits if you're meno, on a conti regime or if taken immediately after a bleed. Some women aren't meno till their early 60s so at 55 it's possible you're still peri. I've been told 4mm if not on hrt but can be a bit thicker on it (have been told both 5 and 6mm).

Wrensong

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2024, 03:26:49 PM »

Sheila
I've been told 4mm if not on hrt but can be a bit thicker on it (have been told both 5 and 6mm).
It seems to vary from one hospital to another - I was long postmenopause on sequential HRT at time of both scans.  Private hospital said 4mm was upper limit & anything over needed hysteroscopy, sonographer at NHS hospital where I had TVS a year later said my 6mm lining (straight after a withdrawal bleed) was OK on HRT, given the endometrium was smooth & regular.  GP agreed to my surprise & I was not required to have a hysteroscopy that time, though had previously had 3 over the years.  They need to standardise it I think, as differing limits often come up on here, causing confusion & worry.
Wx

« Last Edit: February 10, 2024, 03:37:33 PM by Wrensong »

Jetdav

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2024, 10:40:58 AM »

Hi all and thanks. It was actually around 20 when they scanned so I’m glad they did it! I think I was sent for a scan as I had been off the implant and on HRT since December 22 but had no bleeding at all till Sept 23. Two light monthly bleeds, then a proper full on one. Nothing again in December though. Scan showed no fibroids or polyps, so just awaiting biopsy results.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2024, 11:03:33 AM by Jetdav »