Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: 3 months since Mirena fitted and…  (Read 799 times)

flossie fiddler

3 months since Mirena fitted and…
« on: February 04, 2024, 10:52:59 AM »

…all seems good. I had it fitted on 14th November, and apart from a little post-op bleed lasting around 3 days, I’ve not had any more proper full bleeds. I’ve had the odd time where I’ve had cramping and pink discharge, but that’s all. After trying Evorel Conti, and then Evorel 50 with Utrogestan, both of which caused bleeds every 3 weeks, I think the Mirena has cracked it.

The main concern I had was whether it would cause hair loss, as it can in around 10% of people. But on further research I saw that the progesterone in it was the same one that had been in the birth control pill I had been on for around 20 years, with no problems.

Keeping fingers crossed that the pinkness stops completely over the next few months.

For reference, I’m 59 next month, been on HRT on and off since age 48, and during the 2.5 year break from HRT I had no bleeds, so definitely post meno. Dreadful symptoms returned a couple of months after stopping, and I stuck it out, but went back in it in August 2022. Symptoms disappeared almost immediately.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: 3 months since Mirena fitted and…
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2024, 01:56:01 PM »

Happy birthday for next month 'cos I'm bound to forget  ::)

Tnx for the update.   :cupcake:

flossie fiddler

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2024, 04:54:19 PM »

Aw, thank you ❤️

discogirl

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2024, 05:03:56 PM »

Hi flossie fiddler

so pleased the mirena is working out for you.

Im nearly 3 mths off hrt had to have biopsy which was ok but the gynae unit want me to have coil fitted which im none too keen on. but i am pleased its working for you xx

flossie fiddler

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2024, 02:52:13 PM »

I guess it’s not for everyone. I shied away from it for a long time, but realised that I needed to try it as I’d exhausted every other method of trying to stop bleeds (2 types of progesterone, and coming off HRT altogether) and non were viable options. I’m glad I went down the Mirena route. I’m still getting a tiny bit of cramping from time to time, and slightly off-colour discharge but I can live with that!

Hi flossie fiddler

so pleased the mirena is working out for you.

Im nearly 3 mths off hrt had to have biopsy which was ok but the gynae unit want me to have coil fitted which im none too keen on. but i am pleased its working for you xx

discogirl

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2024, 06:54:53 PM »

Hi flossie fiddler

thats such great news thats its working for you.

My anxiety has been the worst off hrt to be honest but i wasnt great on the progesterone part of hrt.

im going to see if i can try and help my anxiety with alternative therapies xxx