Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Any news from Northerngirl?  (Read 2650 times)

Blot

Re: Any news from Northerngirl?
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2024, 07:50:26 PM »

Patient advice and liaison service.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2024, 08:01:39 PM »

Hope you hear tomorrow Northern girl. I rang my hospital to check timings etc, 3 times this week and left a message and no one has got back to me. Very frustrtaing. I wonder if they are shorter staffed than usual as its half term.

I had a very positive expeience via PALS. I had a gynae appt a couple of years ago and the doctor was absolutely horrible to me and more or less said if I didn't have a hysteroscopy there and then she wouldn't be able to treat me at a later date. I actually cried and felt like I was a failure. I don't like to make a fuss and felt it was my fault but subsequently I mentioned it to my daughter, who happens to be is a patients experience manager at the hospital and she persuaded me to allow her to contact PALs on my behalf. As a consequence an appointment was arranged with a different gynae doctor who was very reasonable and outlined the risks of not going ahead. She also said I was able to have the proceedure under GA if I wanted. So PALS are there to support you and I would highly recommend them if anyone ever needs to get support from them.

Dawnkelly1976

• First Flush
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2024, 08:03:10 PM »

Hi. Totally different case. But pals should be able to help. My partner was under a consultant for heart problems and under a cardiologist consultant. We had many problems getting his follow up appointments. Long story short but after many phone calls and passed pillar to post, like you don’t do confrontation but I did email pals and the guy I was emailing was great and got us all sorted in no time and emailed daily with the steps he was taking. Keep chasing your results x

Northerngirl

« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2024, 08:31:04 PM »

Thank you ladies. I will update you tomorrow 🤞

Donna69

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2024, 04:25:55 PM »

Hi northern girl
   Hope your ok.just wondering if you have got any where today chasing up your results xx

Blot

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2024, 04:34:59 PM »

I hope you’ve heard something Northerngirl. I feel like I want to ring them myself and give them what for!

Northerngirl

« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2024, 05:54:00 PM »

Apparently results are back but not been viewed by a consultant yet so couldn't get any info off the secretary.  She did say 2-3 weeks for results so hopefully hear soon.
I am going to ring every day and annoy them now.

I will keep you updated as soon as I hear something....thanks ladies x

Donna69

« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2024, 06:20:54 PM »

Hi northern girl
          They really don’t care do they about how anxious you are so another weekend to wait.hope you can manage to have a nice one xx

Northerngirl

« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2024, 07:10:00 PM »

Hi northern girl
          They really don’t care do they about how anxious you are so another weekend to wait.hope you can manage to have a nice one xx
Thank you Donna69. No they're not the least bit bothered but I do think next week I'll know something... I'd better or they'll see me being admitted when I have a breakdown or something.
I've got the baby shower on Sunday for my first grandchild so I've got something to occupy my mind for one day.
Keep you posted x

fiftyplus

« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2024, 08:00:53 PM »

Hi northerngirl - I have got my fingers and everything else crossed for you - take good care of and look after yourself  :hug:

I hope yous have a lovely day on Sunday - Enjoy! xx

Nas

« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2024, 10:19:42 PM »

Rooting for you Northerngirl 🤞🤞 Enjoy Sunday and let battle commence on Monday! 💪 ( I’ve got all the tools you will need, trust me!)

🔨🛠️⚒️🔧🪚 ;D

Northerngirl

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2024, 11:21:53 AM »

Rooting for you Northerngirl 🤞🤞 Enjoy Sunday and let battle commence on Monday! 💪 ( I’ve got all the tools you will need, trust me!)

🔨🛠️⚒️🔧🪚 ;D
Thanks Nas x

Blot

« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2024, 05:14:18 PM »

Any news yet Northerngirl?

Northerngirl

« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2024, 07:57:31 PM »

Nothing yet....we've had the baby shower and friends staying over. I'll keep you posted
Pages: 1 2 [3]