Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: X2patch together  (Read 779 times)

Bass1979

X2patch together
« on: January 28, 2024, 08:01:18 PM »

Hi All

I just wanted to ask advice am currently only on Evorel 25 I do feel I need to increase to 50 as been on the 25 for 4mths now and my symptoms are returning not as bad but I can feel it.

I wanted to ask because I still have 2 boxes of 25 can I apply 2 patches to the same area to make it up to 50 so I don’t waste the 2 boxes or do I ask the doctor for 50 ??

Any advice

Thanks x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: X2patch together
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2024, 08:27:17 PM »

U seem to have 2 threads ..........

I believe that some do cut and paste as it were: mayB put the product name into the search box to see what others do?

SarahT

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2024, 08:46:48 PM »

Hi Bass

I am on estradot which has been difficult to obtain at times. In order to get my needed strength ( 125) I regularly use many different patches to make up the correct dose. ( at some points wearing 2 x 50s and a 25 all in a neat line...) So it is perfectly ok for you to use 2 x 25 patches. They will release the same amount of oestrogen as a single 50.

I found that if I increased my dose too quickly I got a bit jittery and lightheaded. So I did sometimes cut a patch in half to let my body gradually get used to any increase You may prefer to use a 25 and also half a 25 ( to gve approx 37.5 ) for a week or so before going up to the entire 50 dose.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2024, 08:58:02 PM »

Would U do that every night or leave a couple of nights in between upping the dose?

SarahT

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2024, 09:21:03 PM »

With estradot I change patches only twice a week. So I would therefore use a cut up patch in concurrent with a whole patch  for maybe two weeks ( so 4 patch changes ) before then going onto the higher dose.

I should note I informed my gp of all my patch increases as well.

Bass1979

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2024, 09:27:55 PM »

Thank you for the advice think I might try it on next patch change

I have 2 threads I think because I didn’t realise it posted first time.

X

SarahT

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2024, 07:48:55 AM »

I've posted twice before. Sometimes my ipad seems sluggish so you press sent again... I am neither technically able inpatients at the best of times!
Important thing is your message got out there. X

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2024, 10:14:28 AM »

Yep.  Let us know how you get on.

Tnx SarahT.

Bass1979

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2024, 06:19:54 PM »

Hi

Tonight is the night I know I need to increase my dose was a bit scared before but my anxiety gone through the roof again like last year before I started the patch.
Am getting to the pot where am not wanting to leave the house again the house is my safe space.
Being having a lot of physical symptoms of panic.
I think I will cut one in half and try that for a week or 2 as long as I don’t get any  skin irritation from cutting the patch as I have heard that has happened to people in the past but I can always remove if I do.

Thanks to all for advice I just was a bit scared to increase before as I get worried with any change and especially because when I first went on to the patch’s I suffered with horrendous headaches/migraines that are now under control.
X