Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Upped Sandrena - Fingers crossed ❤  (Read 536 times)

Charliehorse1

Upped Sandrena - Fingers crossed ❤
« on: January 28, 2024, 03:01:39 PM »

Hi Ladies

I have been on HRT for just over a year - initially 0.5 mg Sandrena and Utrogestan (changed to provera due to side effects) continuously.

After 6 months I changed to sequential, as even though I was told to use continuously as I was 53 at the time, it seemed my body wasn't quite ready and I was bleeding off and on and felt quite unwell. Much better sequentially. I have gradually up the dose to 1.5mg.

I have had quite a stressful year, before I started HRT,I lost my job because of the brain fog and generally feeling terrible most of the time, I could hardly function.

I have been trying to get through, hoping to feel better and gain more confidence to look for another job but I still feel quite low and unconfident. My anxiety has lessened slightly and my digestive symptoms are better but that's about it.

I looked at the NICE menopausal symptoms chart and realised, I still have most of the symptoms I started with, I have joint pain that fluctuates throughout the month and doesn't seem to have improved.

I did notice that when I use the 1.5mg of Sandrena, I have to use half a sachet and try as I might, I'm not convinced I'm getting an accurate dose, so sometimes a little less, sometimes a little more.

I have also had a couple of months where I didn't have a bleed, so I'm not sure if I am just getting closer to being menopausal, or if I just wasn't getting enough oestrogen to get a build up. So confusing ..

I decided last week to up my Sandrena to 2 x 1mg, to make sure I'm at least getting a steady dose and to see if my symptoms are still just low oestrogen. I felt a little wired for a couple of days but no sore boobs or anything, so I'm hopeful things might improve in a few months, if it is what I needed.

Has anyone had anything similar and had success with a dose increase? I realise, the Sandrena may just not suit me and I'll have to try something else but thought I'd try this first. 

Banjo1973

Re: Upped Sandrena - Fingers crossed ❤
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2024, 05:02:39 PM »

Hi Charliehorse1

When I switched from 3 pumps of Oestrogel to Sandrena I was told to take 1.5 of Sandrena.

It just wasn't enough for me. I now take 2 and am good on that.

If you did want to go back to 1.5mg, you can get 0.5mg sachets, so that could help with exact dosing.

Another thing I found beneficial with Sandrena was splitting my dose. I never bothered with Oestrogel, but on Sandrena it just works better

Good luck xx

Charliehorse1

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2024, 05:17:30 PM »

Hi Banjo1973

Yes, I'll remember the 0.5 size if I go back down, I try my best halving them but it's so hard to get it exact.

I'll see how I get on with the 2 and I may try splitting them as you said, I just want to try and get a steady level throughout the day, which I don't feel like I'm getting at the moment.

Thanks for the advice!  :)

Charliehorse1

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2024, 10:02:30 AM »

A little update.

I upped the Sandreno to 2mg and things seemed to be going well, my mind felt clearer and i thought I may be getting the full benefits I've been hoping for.

I had my withdrawal bleed this week and afterwards felt awful. Yesterday was particularly bad and when I went to bed, I checked my Fitbit app, as I felt my heart rate was high. I can now see it has been higher since I increased the dose. Not massively but enough to flag up and I can feel it. Of course, this triggered anxious thoughts and I only had a few hours sleep.

This morning, I thought I'd follow your suggestion and applied 1mg and will put the other one on this afternoon, to see if it eases it a little.

I'm due to start the Progesterone phase this Sunday and I'm hoping it might balance things out if the Oestrogen is causing it as it is unopposed at the moment.

I was so hopeful when I upped it as it seemed to be helping but feel so ill at the moment.

Any insights would be wonderful. x