Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: PV Progesterone  (Read 605 times)

LPink

• First Flush
PV Progesterone
« on: January 24, 2024, 07:25:12 PM »

Hello, I'm new to the forum and have recently been advised by my consultant to use Progesterone PV rather than orally. As we do y have access to the pessary prescription in the UK I wanted to ask a couple of questions. If you are doing the same how far are you inserting the capsule and are you seeing capsule shell next day when you go to the loo? I'm.worried Iay not be inserting high enough, it's not easy!, and also worried as I'm not seeing the shell next day when I have a wee. Anyone know, does the capsule dissolve?
Thanks
Lucy

Taz2

Re: PV Progesterone
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2024, 12:17:25 AM »

Hi Lucy. I can't answer your question but just wanted to welcome you. I'm sure someone with more knowledge will be along soon

Taz x  :welcomemm:

LPink

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2024, 06:36:06 AM »

Thanks Taz x

Penguin

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2024, 07:13:10 AM »

Does PV mean vaginal? If so, then I use it that way. 2 x 100mg capsules. I lie on the bed, knees bent and push the capsule up as far as it can go, tuckng it in just next to entrance of cervix. I use my middle finger as its the longest! And yes I see a white snowstorm in my pee the day after. And for a couple of days after I stop taking it as it takes awhile to work its way out as I'm quite dry. You won't see the actual shell of the capsule as it breaks down and just comes out as thick white discharge.

Mary G

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2024, 12:26:49 PM »

All types and doses of Utrogestan capsules can be used either orally or vaginally and this is printed on the front of my old boxes.

It's best to use an applicator and place the capsule next to the cervix.  Don't worry about the white residue, it's quite normal.

Why is the NHS(?) still struggling with this after all these years?  How difficult can it be to licence it in the UK for vaginal use?

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2024, 12:57:38 PM »

I've just found this post re utrogestan which you might find helpful Lucy https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,45782.0.html

Taz x  :)