Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Left side and back pain  (Read 2357 times)

trandall

Left side and back pain
« on: January 20, 2024, 04:15:46 PM »

Hi ladies I hope you are all well, I haven’t posted for a while. I’m having some new aches on my left side and back below my ribs and with my health anxiety my mind is racing even although I’ve had an ultrasound due to GP wondering if it was kidney related. Obvious thing would be posture as I work from home at a desk all day 5 days a week. My anxiety does not always allow me to think rationally. Any thoughts

Ayesha

Re: Left side and back pain
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2024, 04:28:15 PM »

You should be reassured by the ultrasound and start to look at what type of exercise will help you. It could be a muscle problem that can be fixed but you would need to do a bit of research re a physiotherapy regime to suit you. 

trandall

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2024, 04:36:23 PM »

Hi Ayesha thanks for replying and yes I am looking at what I can do to support my health which will probably help. Always good to speak to the ladies here. I actually searched left side pain and can see many replies over the last couple of years on the forum with a few ladies with the same issues too  :)

Penguin

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2024, 05:18:25 PM »

I have the same pain and it is my QL muscle going into my Psoas. I also get left lower abdominal pain where it links in via the nerves innervating. I would second trying exercise, perhaps something like gentle yoga to start with. Unless you can remember a specific injury that triggered it (mine was caused by twisting a part of my back that shouldn't be twisted) then perhaps focused on stretching first before bringing strength into it x

Jules

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2024, 09:16:10 AM »

I have the same pain and it is my QL muscle going into my Psoas. I also get left lower abdominal pain where it links in via the nerves innervating. I would second trying exercise, perhaps something like gentle yoga to start with. Unless you can remember a specific injury that triggered it (mine was caused by twisting a part of my back that shouldn't be twisted) then perhaps focused on stretching first before bringing strength into it x

I get intermittent problems with my psoas. I'd never heard of it before.  My pain goes down the inside of my thigh and into my groin,  sometimesround my hip. Tight flexor the Physio said.  It's very painful.  You can get referred pain too so might not be coming from that spot. I got it in my knee. A physio assessment is sometimes helpful for finding the root problem.  She told me the psoas can be related to emotions too

Penguin

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2024, 10:14:05 AM »

I get intermittent problems with my psoas. I'd never heard of it before.  My pain goes down the inside of my thigh and into my groin,  sometimesround my hip. Tight flexor the Physio said.  It's very painful.  You can get referred pain too so might not be coming from that spot. I got it in my knee. A physio assessment is sometimes helpful for finding the root problem.  She told me the psoas can be related to emotions too

That's where my pain goes too, although not in the knee. I have unstable pelvis since pregnancy and the injury to QL was the final straw. I also reckon that peri makes all this worse. I used to bounce back from aches and pains but this has stuck around since Feb 2021. Its currently in my neck and shoulder on the same side too due to everything pulling, our body is to interlinked.

And yes to psoas re emotions,  I've been told that too
 Not sure what the answer is though, did you get told anything re the psoas and emotions and how to deal with, Jules?

Jules

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2024, 10:56:32 AM »

That's where my pain goes too, although not in the knee. I have unstable pelvis since pregnancy and the injury to QL was the final straw. I also reckon that peri makes all this worse. I used to bounce back from aches and pains but this has stuck around since Feb 2021. Its currently in my neck and shoulder on the same side too due to everything pulling, our body is to interlinked.

And yes to psoas re emotions,  I've been told that too
 Not sure what the answer is though, did you get told anything re the psoas and emotions and how to deal with, Jules?

I was under stress when it started then my dad died, but I also have ME, triggered by a virus and I suffered some muscle wastage in that leg so she thought that was contributing to the flexor shortening.  I ended up with tendonitis and fluid under my knee cap. It really was agony, the flexor too. Took 8 weeks to subside. I started swimming and doing exercise in the water and that helped. But it's something you have to keep on top of, preventative exercise. I paid for a private physio in the end as I was crippled with it. Might be worth it just to find out if you're on the right track. 

Penguin

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2024, 11:03:58 AM »

Thanks, I see an osteopath fortnightly and have been given some exercises. You're right in terms of the links though as I'm under a lot of stress at the moment, not easily fixed, and it has flared up I think as I'm bracing myself a lot of the time. I do it without even noticing now. Plus it gets worse when I'm in the utrogrstan phase as does any aches and pains, god I hate that stuff. Even my knees were hurting yesterday and I'm only 49 🙈

Jules

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2024, 12:52:48 PM »

Thanks, I see an osteopath fortnightly and have been given some exercises. You're right in terms of the links though as I'm under a lot of stress at the moment, not easily fixed, and it has flared up I think as I'm bracing myself a lot of the time. I do it without even noticing now. Plus it gets worse when I'm in the utrogrstan phase as does any aches and pains, god I hate that stuff. Even my knees were hurting yesterday and I'm only 49 🙈
My friend of the same age gets lots of aches and pains. I've been lucky with menopause,  I thought I'd got through it unscathed, a few hot flushes and some vaginal dryness later on. But I was fooled. All downhill last 4 years.

Penguin

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2024, 01:31:16 PM »

My friend of the same age gets lots of aches and pains. I've been lucky with menopause,  I thought I'd got through it unscathed, a few hot flushes and some vaginal dryness later on. But I was fooled. All downhill last 4 years.

It's so hard isn't it. I wonder if men suffer with anything like this at all, I don't think they do x

Jules

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2024, 01:47:22 PM »

It's so hard isn't it. I wonder if men suffer with anything like this at all, I don't think they do x
They advertise viagara on TV now so some obviously have a problem. I think some lose libido,  I know older women whose husbands have lost interest in sex. That might just be stale relationships though, I'm not sure

Ayesha

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2024, 01:51:19 PM »

A soon to retire female GP once said she would still prefer to come back as a woman, therefore I would say men do have their problems too but they don't talk about it as much.

Penguin

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2024, 02:39:59 PM »

A soon to retire female GP once said she would still prefer to come back as a woman, therefore I would say men do have their problems too but they don't talk about it as much.

And I think in most cases women live longer than men too, not sure why that is either.

Kathleen

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2024, 02:51:08 PM »

Hello ladies.

I think women live longer than men because oestrogen offers protection from heart disease which is the number one killer of people in the UK. 

Btw I have never had any issues with menopausal aches and pains, I have also escaped UTIs and digestive issues like GERD.
Even my night sweats were not too bad, unfortunately my mood problems are still bothering me and I was told that HRT doesn't really help with those.

Take care ladies.

K.

Jules

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2024, 11:22:04 PM »

Hello ladies.

I think women live longer than men because oestrogen offers protection from heart disease which is the number one killer of people in the UK. 

Btw I have never had any issues with menopausal aches and pains, I have also escaped UTIs and digestive issues like GERD.
Even my night sweats were not too bad, unfortunately my mood problems are still bothering me and I was told that HRT doesn't really help with those.

Take care ladies.

K.

Basically  nature designed females for reproduction, to be able to attract a mate so that reproduction occurs and not designed for sexual pleasure alone, the who aim is too reproduce the species and once we're past that, it starts dying away. It wasn't in nature's plan for women to carry on having sex beyond that. But we've evolved, lifestyle has changed and life has been extended so we're having to defy nature's plan.
Pages: [1] 2