Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Femostan conti or Femostan sequential....  (Read 814 times)

Minx44

• First Flush
Femostan conti or Femostan sequential....
« on: January 19, 2024, 05:15:51 PM »

Hi....I switched from femostan 1/10 together with eostrogel to just femostan Conti for a few months as I had just turned 54 and was worried about carrying on with the sequential HRT. The Conti alone had the benefit of me no longer needing to add the extra oestrogen with the gel but unfortunately it made me very moody and irritable. I went back to the femostan sequential  for the last few months without the gel too but am having the occasional hot flush. I now need to  order more supplies and am unsure which type to continue with. I actually have to fly to a country that I used to live in to get it as where Im living doesn't have femostan at all so I have to decide one or the other.....I guess my questions are...
1...is it dangerous to keep taking a sequential HRT post meno?
2 If I go back to the Conti which I only took for 2 months.....will the anxiousness level out after time or does it mean that continuous progesterone isn't right for me....

Thanx in advance for any advice!  :thankyou:

Mary G

Re: Femostan conti or Femostan sequential....
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2024, 02:39:07 PM »

I think your problem is the lack of oestrogen.

Assuming you were taking 1/10 with top up Oestrogel on a cycle and then switched to 1/5 conti without the top up gel, this would indicate that your problem is a lack of oestrogen.

It sounds like you tolerate dydrogesterone well and I'm sure you don't want to bleed again so I would either buy the Femoston conti ultra low dose or buy the Femoston conti 1/5 and top up with gel.  It's not dangerous to be on a cycle post menopause but undesirable in my opinion.

Oral oestrogen is often poorly absorbed but the progesterone component in Femoston is very well tolerated, very similar to bio identical progesterone and breast friendly so I would stick with it but buy yourself some dose flexibility.

I think you will feel better with an oestrogen top up.

Minx44

• First Flush
Re: Femostan conti or Femostan sequential....
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2024, 09:32:19 AM »

Thankyou so much …it definately makes sense….