Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Ovestin prescription  (Read 749 times)

Jules

Ovestin prescription
« on: January 17, 2024, 08:50:55 AM »

I requested a repeat prescription for ovestin cream and got a message from the surgery saying that particular brand hasn't been prescribed since 2017. He's sent a prescription for pessaries. Why is it so difficult? They've prescribed ovestin in the last 6 months, my friend got it at her surgery 2 weeks ago. Just when things were improving I'm struggling to get more. And my surgery texts so then you've to start over, trying to get through on the phone

kathryn22

Re: Ovestin prescription
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2024, 09:09:55 AM »

OMG Jules
It’s like running into a brick wall isn’t it. My Gp repeatedly prescribed out of stock items and then prescribed them in the wrong format, took weeks to sort it out, involving me running round  in circles to different shops.
Is it because they don’t care or just don’t understand what a struggle it is to get through a day and keep on top of this hateful condition.
And it doesn’t seem to matter what gender your GP is, they’re just not interested. I’ve was told told to have a meds review this month (3 months after starting meds) it’s not going too well so did an appt request,which  has to be online. Told them I was struggling and needed to be seen face to face asap… got a message this morning, appointment middle of February and it will be a telephone consultation 🤦‍♀️ so basically ignored everything I said.
So frustrating
Hope you get sorted

Jules

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2024, 09:39:02 AM »

OMG Jules
It’s like running into a brick wall isn’t it. My Gp repeatedly prescribed out of stock items and then prescribed them in the wrong format, took weeks to sort it out, involving me running round  in circles to different shops.
Is it because they don’t care or just don’t understand what a struggle it is to get through a day and keep on top of this hateful condition.
And it doesn’t seem to matter what gender your GP is, they’re just not interested. I’ve was told told to have a meds review this month (3 months after starting meds) it’s not going too well so did an appt request,which  has to be online. Told them I was struggling and needed to be seen face to face asap… got a message this morning, appointment middle of February and it will be a telephone consultation 🤦‍♀️ so basically ignored everything I said.
So frustrating
Hope you get sorted

Exactly. This GP is one of the good ones too. I've phoned the pharmacy and the say I was last prescribed it in September and that they have prescribed me pessaries which i didn't need and theyve one tube in so I'm having to try getting through to the surgery again by their online facility as phoning is utterly pointless. Meanwhile I've a day to get on with. It's basically a DIY service not a national health service

Ayesha

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2024, 10:26:21 AM »

Fight your ground, Jules. What are they on about, Ovestin is still available and still being prescribed.
I've checked on Superdrug online pharmacy and they are still selling it and I am still being prescribed it by my surgery.

Jules

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2024, 10:38:58 AM »

Fight your ground, Jules. What are they on about, Ovestin is still available and still being prescribed.
I've checked on Superdrug online pharmacy and they are still selling it and I am still being prescribed it by my surgery.

He's just been in touch. I think it was a case of not reading or checking properly and now back tracking on what he meant but he's prescribed it. We really shouldn't have to do this for any of our medical needs though. It's a common occurrence at my surgery and communicating with patients by text message does not help. It's notorious for misunderstanding. We can't even reply to the texts. We have to go online and go through the whole request for help procedure again

suzysunday

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2024, 10:55:41 AM »

It sounds like it's sorted for you at last but you shouldn't have to go through hoops, it's really stressful. That roundabout of getting through to GP's is awful. Hope you are okay now x

Lesley M

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2024, 12:33:40 PM »

It does feel like running into a brick wall. It all seems like a bit of a lottery.

The only time I have felt my requests have been treated seriously, was when I saw a consultant privately.

I did this 10 years ago after being told by a young female GP that my vaginal atrophy symptoms were psychosomatic. I knew they weren’t and declined her offer of expanders!

I can’t afford to go private again and don’t think we should have to but am left, at least when it comes to HRT, feeling like a nuisance they hope will just go away, if it all takes long enough.

My current GP has been really helpful with other things but HRT seems to be treated as something other than important healthcare.

I have previously bought Ovestin through an online pharmacy but am not sure it would be available that way now.

Hope you got it sorted out.

Jules

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2024, 04:37:54 PM »

Yes all sorted. I definitely think the problem came through doctoring online. Him not understanding what I was asking for or rushing and me nit being able to clarify and explain. It's rubbish isn't it.

Jules

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2024, 07:34:17 PM »

Im using it nightly and even then the improvement is so slow so dont want to regress. Sometimes I think it's halted altogether. Maybe I'm expecting too much. 

suzysunday

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2024, 11:47:00 AM »

It really is an infuriatingly slow process and I know how frustrating it all is.  You really just have to plod on and take care of yourself.  Wishing you all the best x

Jules

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2024, 01:06:41 PM »

It really is an infuriatingly slow process and I know how frustrating it all is.  You really just have to plod on and take care of yourself.  Wishing you all the best x

Thankyou. I've just collected it.