Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan long term side effects?  (Read 1094 times)

Treehugger

• First Flush
Utrogestan long term side effects?
« on: January 16, 2024, 01:44:08 PM »

Hi, just wondering if anyone can help.
I’ve been taking Utrogestan orally, continuously for around 18 months, along with Evorel 75 patch. Menopause symptoms are well controlled, and I’m sleeping quite well. I have struggled a bit with feeling down this past year, but have had a tough time in my personal life.
I started feeling dizzy 2 weeks ago, and have been unable to go to work for the last few days. Blood pressure and blood results are all fine, ears looked clear. I feel so exhausted and dizzy and am wondering if the Utrogestan can start to cause these issues after being on it a long time?
Maybe it builds up eventually?
I have tried briefly using it vaginally in the past but it seemed to make me anxious and unable to sleep properly.
Maybe those effects are just temporary, I don’t know.
I just want to feel well again!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Utrogestan long term side effects?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2024, 01:59:34 PM »

Vertigo is awful.

MayB put the product name/s into the search box to read appropriate threads.  Make notes ;-).  Some ladies do experience dizziness but I can't remember why  :-\ - sorry.

AnneS

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2024, 04:03:16 PM »

Hi … I’m also on continuous utrogestan ( for just over 12 mths ) and although I don’t have dizziness, I have just started with daily headaches ( not horrendous but annoying non the less ! ) I also wondered if this was anything to do with the progesterone. Headaches were one of my main meno symptoms ( along with terrible health anxiety ) so I’m not pleased to have them back ! Hoping they’re just another one of those symptoms that appear ( and then disappear!!! )

Treehugger

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2024, 07:59:07 PM »

Thanks for your replies ladies, it’s much appreciated 🙂
I typed ‘Utrogestan dizziness’ into the search box and have re-read a lot of the posts mentioning it. I’m going to try using it vaginally again, and hopefully will get settled on it soon.
I’ve noticed the dizziness, fatigue and low mood are worse in the mornings, so perhaps it is the oral Utrogestan to blame 🤔

Nellf

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2024, 11:55:42 AM »

Treehugger.  I tried utrogestan orally and like you felt great then after about 3mths felt low tired and not sleeping.  I had to up my dose from 100mg to 200mg due to my patch dose being increased.  I do feel much much better taking it vaginally, but the only problem is I have started bleeding.  Currently waiting fir a biopsy the the possibility of having a coil inserted.   I would definitely give the vaginal route a try it hopefully might work fine for you.  Good luck and hopefully we both find something that suits xxx

Treehugger

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2024, 09:41:50 PM »

Hi Nellf,
Thanks for your reply. I do hope your biopsy is ok and you manage to get yourself sorted with progesterone.
It’s good to know it’s not just me struggling with long term Utrogestan side effects.
I tried it vaginally again last night, and had a weird night of strange dreams and being awake a lot with my heart pounding. This morning I didn’t feel so groggy as when taking it orally, and the dizziness has been much less today. I felt well enough to go back to work, where I felt a bit wired, but not anxious. Going to carry on with it vaginally and hope the sleeping improves and things settle down soon 🤞🤞

Nellf

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2024, 12:40:07 PM »

Treehugger  Stick with it.  The side effect will subside.  I really hope this works fo you.  It's a bit fidly but if it works for you.  Give yourself time.  Take care and keep us posted xx

Penguin

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2024, 03:30:13 PM »

Hi Nellf,
Thanks for your reply. I do hope your biopsy is ok and you manage to get yourself sorted with progesterone.
It’s good to know it’s not just me struggling with long term Utrogestan side effects.
I tried it vaginally again last night, and had a weird night of strange dreams and being awake a lot with my heart pounding. This morning I didn’t feel so groggy as when taking it orally, and the dizziness has been much less today. I felt well enough to go back to work, where I felt a bit wired, but not anxious. Going to carry on with it vaginally and hope the sleeping improves and things settle down soon 🤞🤞

This happened to me a couple of nights ago. Took my utrogestan, went to sleep and woke at midnight totally wired and awake until after 4am. It was horrible
 Took some valerian last night and it didn't happen. There's no way I could take utrogestan the whole month.

Treehugger

• First Flush
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2024, 11:06:02 PM »

Just a quick update on my progress with Utrogestan vaginally, nearly 3 weeks on. I had a little bit of light bleeding in the first week or so, but that has stopped. I feel a bit weird, slightly anxious, sore boobs! The dizziness has eased but not completely gone away. I do wonder if that was a post viral thing after having Covid for the first time in November. I felt the need to wee a lot at first but that isn’t so bad now. I also feel more bloated taking it vaginally I think.
My mood seemed better until this weekend when I have struggled with feeling low again.
Going to continue vaginally for now, and see how I feel. I do miss the better sleeping I had taking it orally.
I guess no HRT is perfect hey 🙄

sheila99

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2024, 09:55:50 AM »

Another option would be a couple of cycles using a sequi regime. That way you can tell what is caused by utrogeston and what isn't.