Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Vagifem, Lichen Sclerosis, Vaginal Atrohpy and spotting  (Read 999 times)

Talli

Re: Vagifem, Lichen Sclerosis, Vaginal Atrohpy and spotting
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2023, 09:33:44 AM »

From what I understand, Vagifem is very safe and won't cause thickening of endometrium. I'd guess that your spotting and variable periods are due to the beginning of peri-menopause. Keep using the vagifem, daily if it is needed, until you see the gynae.

Your LS could be causing your discomfort on peeing. There is a very good doctor, Dr Jill Krapf, who does you tube video articles about LS including one on how to apply steroid cream for best results. She basically advices to rub it in for around 90 seconds to gain full advantage. Look her up and see if it helps you.

Thanks! I’ll look her up! And I’ll keep using the Vagifem everyday!
This forum is amazing! 🤩

Dierdre

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2023, 11:30:05 AM »

I have Dermovate for Lichens along with Ovestin on the vulva nightly to control and for maintainance.. The vulva consultant prescribed both a few years ago and I also use Vagifen nightly. Had a scan a few months ago and lining was thin and normal.

Talli

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2023, 01:29:51 PM »

I have Dermovate for Lichens along with Ovestin on the vulva nightly to control and for maintainance.. The vulva consultant prescribed both a few years ago and I also use Vagifen nightly. Had a scan a few months ago and lining was thin and normal.
Thank you for that!
I feel reassured that my weird spotting is hormonal and nothing to worry about.
I’m seeing Gynae in April next year and I have Dr app next Friday so I’ll mention the Ovestin and ask if I can have it for vulva. No harm in trying eh?
Thanks again :)
Pages: 1 [2]