Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Merry Christmas to my vagina / Vagirux  (Read 946 times)

Peri2022

Merry Christmas to my vagina / Vagirux
« on: December 21, 2023, 10:16:36 AM »

Ho ho ho! Just took my first Vagirux this morning and wondering if anyone else can share their experience. How did you get on? How long til you felt a difference? Any side effects?

I’m using vaginal utrogestan so at the moment it feels like utter chaos down there  :o but any stories would be appreciated.

Ayesha

Re: Merry Christmas to my vagina / Vagirux
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2023, 10:24:27 AM »

I can only comment on Vagifem and Ovestin and can tell you it can take weeks, if not months to feel better down there when suffering Vaginal Atrophy.
I know some ladies have had side effects from Vagirux but I think that's rare as its mostly prescribed now.

It would be worth doing research on here on the products I mention, there are tons of posts on VA here and all very informative.

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2023, 01:28:13 PM »

Not to put you off but I couldn't tolerate vagirux,it's cheaper than vagifem,hence why pharmacies opt for it but if it DOES upset your tum just ask the dr to prescribe  vagifem specifically and they will/should
Like Ayesha says,it's probably only a small number who can't tolerate it but you asked for stories and that's mine, hope you find it helps and who knows,said vagina May start singing merry Christmas 😂

Booroo

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2023, 02:07:39 PM »

I use vagirux and it was only a short while before feeling better on it have had no problems and that was year ago

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2023, 02:56:52 PM »

On the Christmas theme - keep away from the Holly  :)

Jules

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2023, 03:47:11 PM »

I've used vagirux and been fine. It only took a few weeks to help me with painful sex but longer for tissues to plump and I'm still on with the ovestin externally now, it's very slow progress

Peri2022

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2023, 08:06:22 AM »

Thank you all for your stories. The Vagirux was actually prescribed to me by a Newson doc…I’m surprised they went with the cheaper option (vs Vagifem) but anyway, we shall see! So far, no upset tummy or stinging or anything like that.

I will give it time and see what happens. I don’t have any really troublesome VA symptoms (yet) apart from dry/painful sex. Hopefully that will improve eventually!

I appreciate everyone’s stories and suggestions.

Peri2022

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2023, 09:51:48 AM »

Thanks Postmeno…that explains why I haven’t been too uncomfortable..I’ve just been inserting it with my finger! Applicators are a bit of a bother and I find I can tuck tablets right up behind my cervix pretty easily…

I’ll see how this pack goes and will ask my GP for Vagifem if I have any issues.

Ayesha

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2023, 09:59:05 AM »

I'm also surprised that a private clinic would prescribe Vagirux instead of Vagifem, are they thinking of the environment perhaps, so much plastic involved with Vagifem.

I am still being prescribed Vagifem by my GP but if changed over I would use my finger as the pessary doesn't have to be inserted too high up to be effective and the applicator with Vagirux doesn't sound to user friendly.

Joaniepat

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2023, 10:18:06 AM »

My surgery is now prescribing "Estradiol 10mcg pessaries" rather than Vagifem, and I got Vagirux last time. I've found the applicator OK and made of smooth, shiny plastic, no sharp or rough bits. I do think it's a bit fiddly to load, but probably I have been spoilt using the pre-loaded one for so long.
JP x

Jules

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2023, 12:46:40 PM »

I'm now being prescribed estradiol too. I don't have any problems with the applicator. It slides in easily. I've stopped inserting high since I read on here that it might be safer to keep away from the uterus.

Indigowings

• First Flush
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2023, 07:45:42 PM »

I used to use Vagifem, then my doctor changed it to Vagirux. Cheaper, I guess. I never had a problem with VF and it helped me a lot. But with the VR I started to get UTIs and soreness on the outside. I also feel the applicator is rough on my inside tissues. I almost always see suspicious pink on the applicator after I use it.
I do t think it’s as effective, and I don’t like the applicator. The doctor wouldn’t prescribe Ovestin AND VR so I had to chose. I doubt she’d want to change me back to VF, but I haven’t asked. I get a different doctor every time I call, so I avoid doing so.