Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Feeling jittery/nervy and heart racing - think it's Oestrogel  (Read 1155 times)

AnnieFH74

• First Flush
Feeling jittery/nervy and heart racing - think it's Oestrogel
« on: December 08, 2023, 03:01:22 PM »

I’m at the beginning of my third cycle of Oestrogel and Utrogestan.

I’m 49 and still having regular periods.

First month I used 1 pump gel and 12 days of 200mg Utorgestan - all was well.

I told to start on two pumps but wanted to take it slowly so started on 1, then went to 1.5 after a few weeks. I recently moved to 2 pumps and for the past week have been experiencing a feeling of my heart racing (not constantly but most days at some point). This alternates with a jittery, nervous knotty stomach type feeling. The other day I felt so jittery that I could hear myself speaking in a weird shaky voice!! This passed thank god.

is this likely to be due to the increase in Oestrogel? I’m dropping back to 1.5 pumps to see if that helps.

WildOtter

Re: Feeling jittery/nervy and heart racing - think it's Oestrogel
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2023, 03:14:39 PM »

Oestrogel gave me really bad heart flutters and jitters a feeling of pressure in my chest, especially as my dose increased. It was scary enough my dr sent me for an ecg (which was normal)

AnnieFH74

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2023, 03:23:46 PM »

Oestrogel gave me really bad heart flutters and jitters a feeling of pressure in my chest, especially as my dose increased. It was scary enough my dr sent me for an ecg (which was normal)

Oh thank you, that's exactly how it feels. I have a heart condition (a leaky valve which I never feel any symptoms from!), so this racing feeling is causing me stress!!

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2023, 04:31:52 PM »

I think your idea to reduce your dose is a good one, I think you're seeing symptoms of too much oestrogen. How are your other symptoms?

AnnieFH74

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2023, 06:00:31 PM »

My other symptoms are fine on the whole. I went onto HRT due to low mood and feeling anxious sometimes, along with brain fog and some other more vague symptoms. I felt my mood improve quite quickly and the anxiety too, but this past week, that anxious knot in the stomach feeling has returned!

Scampidoodle

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2023, 06:50:22 PM »

I get that with oestrogen patches. I’m three weeks in. Not sure if it will go away?